20

While Tony was busy with the alien ogre, Jyn stood with Wong and Stephen, waiting for the dried plum train. Dried plum. Why prunes? The guy looked like a half-dried mummy or walking corpse, about five to ten years dead. In that sense, she was also a walking corpse, at least she didn't look dead. No more than usual.

The three did not have to wait long for the mummy's train. The mummy lifted his hands to chest height; several loose bricks from the rubble climbed into the air and sharpened into pointed projectiles. Nice.

"Ladys First", after the stone points had been led into two portals and back to the alien, with one of the hundred bullets actually hitting the guy in the head, Jyn was asked by Wong.

"Of course," though Jyn wasn't even sure if her plan would work out, so she inhaled deeply, rubbed her palms together, and then shook out, "Okay, I hope Loki, you really were a master of magic, as you always said, otherwise I'll be dead sooner than you wanted."

At first a second knife appeared in Jyn's hands, then she reached far out with her right hand and threw the first knife towards the guy Tony had baptized a prune. Directly the second knife flew behind, which also passed, as did the first one. It was foreseeable that the two knives would miss their target and the pale guy would just make them disappear. Dork.

"Nice try," Stephen commented on the failed attempt, with a certain undertone as if this had been clear from the start and was not to be expected otherwise, but Jyn started grinning mischievously at his words, "Um, did I miss something?"

"Could you say so", at that moment Jyn pointed his index finger in front of his chest over to Thano's helper and disbanded to stand behind the pale figure for a long time, who had noticed her trick, however, and threw Jyn against the facade of a building with a casual gesture of his hand, "Au.... Man, that hurts."

Not at all. Theatricality and deception are powerful instruments. It shouldn't have been so hard to get so close to this mummy that Jyn could touch him. Multiple rib fractures? Check. Booming skull? Check. Bruises and scratches on the face? For sure. Thanos moron? You. You are. Dead.

Moaning and with crackling bones, Jyn got up, bent his neck back and saw the body float in front of a house façade and Stephen directly in front of him, enclosed in the wall. Oh, fuck you. In the time when the little helper might be fully occupied with Stephen and not pay attention to his surroundings, there was the chance to get very close. Ba da Boom.

After fifteen meters across country, between the standing cars around, Jyn climbed onto one of the smashed vehicles, jumped over to the next and then to the edge of a neighboring truck trailer, where she pulled herself up onto the trailer. From there she went on to one of the destroyed facades along which she could climb, thanks to window sills and broken pieces of wall, and after a few yards turned over her shoulder, where the prune had meanwhile floated above the ground, strangling Stephen with a cable wrapped around his entire body. Now the guy was just not allowed to move, otherwise she would plunge unbraked into the depths. After Jyn had made sure that the stone she was holding on to was also firm, she took her other hand off the wall, turned to the side, and tried to get at least enough momentum so that the jump didn't go completely wrong.

"You'll learn.... how hard it is...", Stephen ruffled, gradually losing his breath, but the pale guy still couldn't get to the stone to his anger, "...the magic of a dead man... to pick up."

"You will still wish you were," and with this sentence the mummy man Stephen completely tied off the air and let him rise.

"I think so too," Jyn threw in, before she jumped off the wall and at least pulled the guy to the floor, even if it was planned differently, and immediately pressed both hands on his head there, "Yours sincerely. Death always wins."

"Don't you know......", began the figure coughing, whose face began to draw the first cracks and his chin began to crumble, „..... you don't play with foreign powers."

"No, it was a gift. Both times," Jyn corrected in an indifferent tone, squeezed even harder and went down very close to his face, "I'll just take yours. As soon as you are dead."

I wish Jyn had kept her mouth shut. What do you learn from movies? Never betray your plan. Whatever you do, don't tell him. What had she just done? Thano's dried-up helper, betraying her plan.

One thing, however, had to be put in her favor. Even if Jyn had kept her mouth shut, as she had been advised so often and she never could, she wouldn't have noticed the torn out car door coming, which hit Jyn with full force so that the guy could free himself. As soon as the antagonist reveals his diabolical plan, if the hero is in his power, the hero can always free himself shortly afterwards. Always. No matter how bad and hopeless the situation seems. Always. It was similar here.

Earlier, Jyn had believed that being thrown against a house wall and crashing into a pile of rubble and stones was painful, but being hit by a car door far surpassed it. What a ğ. No matter how it looked with their past life rate. This would be the first and last time. After that, never again. In Mexico she at least got coal for the job.

Wobbling, Jyn lifted herself back on her feet and had to watch the mummy with Stephen in tow fly away. Slowly she was angry. Short and painless. She wouldn't catch him anymore....

Ah, maybe she did.