30

༺═────────────═༻

In the face of the enemy, nature is stronger than any good training. It separates the strong from the weak and sometimes it tells us that endurance and submission is the best of all moves.

"It went wonderfully well, don't you think? Not at all! The cartels were supposed to kill each other without us getting into the crossfire! We should not even be noticed by them. You're great ghosts," Tanner yelled at the three characters in the tent as they walked up and down, but none of the three disturbed a single expression despite the sudden rise in volume, because Tanner's reaction was foreseeable, "Nevertheless, it can't be changed any more. Hopefully you will be able to change your plans and find a new way. And that in five minutes. Thanks to you, I now have to explain to my superiors why the shit happened. Even better. Give me a damn plan, because then I can at least sell them credibly that the cartels were planned in advance."

"Doesn't it matter? Drugs, terrorism, all these things no government wants to admit openly, or that there are problems with it in their country," Jyn shrugged her shoulders, put her arms around her chest and leaned with her shoulder blades against the wall behind her, "As far as it goes or is allowed for them, without it appearing or appearing strange to the outside, it is always swept under the table. I don't want to know what all the government's drugs are worth. Even if the coke is shit, like theirs here, it's still purer and more unstretched than what's usually on the market. The purer, the more expensive. Cartels, drugs, money, think of something. Why should we do that for you? We are not paid for thinking. You made that clear to me on the first day of our meeting and that I should rather keep my mouth shut, because women are not there to think, but to look nice, because they have no idea of our business. And now you want..."

"Oh man, I love that woman for that," Parker radioed in between so that it didn't degenerate into that kind of argument and, as a result, didn't take any unpleasant traits for her three, "The cartels have slowly become suspicious, so a new plan had to be drawn up. Since it had to go fast and nothing was allowed to get out, because security was not guaranteed, we could not afford to endanger the new plan and wait for consultation. Something like that should be enough for your superiors to start with. As soon as the goal is reached, nobody asks for the way anymore."

"It's not my grave that's being dug, it's yours," in the truest sense of the word, but Tanner took one of the satellite phones without saying another word, went outside with it, and only came back after fifteen to twenty minutes, "We get a STRIKE team, three Black Hawks, and two armed drones to support us. As I was told, the cartels are upgrading and we have to be ready. You're welcome for the new toy."

"Where are the tanks," Jyn mockingly asked what Tanner was not doing well with, and leaned over to Aaron, where she turned her head over her shoulder so that only he could understand, "Armed drones. Black Hawks. STRIKE teams. One STRIKE team is there to eliminate. My brother was head of the S.T.R.I.K.E.S. of S.H.I.E.L.D. for years and these guys shoot without batting an eyelid or thinking if that's their order. We will be eliminated as soon as the job is done. Snipers who hit their target with millimeters accuracy from hundreds of yards. You can't kill ghosts, they're already dead. No one misses dead people. I die my way, not their way."

But Aaron's gaze revealed one thing. >Don't force me to trade.< Should you screw up shit, thanks to different opinion or views, you're dead. You wanted this life. Those are the rules. Live with it.

Everyone as they must.

Mexico, twelve months ago

༺═────────────═༻

Whatever had just happened, the same would soon happen on Titan. Stopping, Jyn turned her head to the right as if in slow motion, because she had the unpleasant feeling that someone was standing there and they were staring at nothing of the sort. There was nothing there but sand, desert, mountains and space debris, but she would have sworn that someone was standing there watching her, as if Jason was standing in front of his victims waiting for them to finally run away to start his hunt.