03

There was a need for clarification. Yes.... No. I don't think so. Anyway, Jyn didn't have one. For Tony in contrast already. And that although he knew long ago what the problem was, her problem. Actually, Tony was pretty much the only one who knew about everything. Really everything...... Pretty much everything. You want to stay with the truth. So Jyn couldn't understand why this should be clarified now at all costs..... had to. It wouldn't amount to a very nice 'conversation'. Which really didn't have to be.

Nevertheless Jyn stood a few days later together with Tony in the Avengers headquarters, typed around on her mobile phone, because she didn't have any special interest in this one right now, did it exclusively out of signs of good will, and just waited for all 'participants' to meet so slowly. The sooner they came, the sooner the whole thing was over and she didn't have to deal with it any further. Which she didn't do anyway, because it wasn't worth it.

"Why must this be here, although everything could be clarified by a simple search on the Internet", Jyn continuously scrolled through several lists on her mobile phone, typed something in and drew her mouth thoughtfully from right to left as she browsed the pages, "Even the first hit alone clarifies a lot. Especially since I don't have to account for this experiment. So the only reason why I'm here is you. We wouldn't have to have this 'conversation' if this experiment had just died."

"Even if everything is on the internet, it would make sense if people would hear it from you", on the one hand it was understandable what Tony was going for, because reading and hearing something were two completely different things, especially if it came from the person himself, "For some it might be much more comprehensible to understand your reaction if they heard it from your mouth. Hey, I'm a fan of yours despite that."

"Is there going to be a homestory about us now Stark?", not particularly taken with the sight he was being offered and therefore, the not too good mood, Wilson first joined Tony and Jyn, where his gaze wandered from Jyn to Tony, "What does a reporter want with us? Are there no other exciting topics anymore?"

"Number one has arrived", chuckled Jyn full of false enthusiasm and only looked up from her screen when Maximoff, Vision and Rhodes had joined her shortly thereafter and it didn't seem to be more than that either, "pity. Actually, I personally miss a few more characters, but you should be content with what you have. Well, there is only one reason why we stand together here now, namely this failed Hydra experiment, which should be dead from my point of view. And because I don't always want to say experiment, I just say EX-P."

"What a sympathetic greeting," Rhodes reported and immediately raised his hands when Jyn gave him a sobering look, "Hey, we two have known each other for years, so I've come to terms with the fact that you say what you think and are pretty direct. Not all people can cope with this kind of thing. What you don't care about ever has or never will. Neither does your husband.... Ex-husband, excuse me. Power of habit."

Yes, it was. For many it was still habit. It meant that not everyone could cope with what Jyn said or wrote. Freedom of expression. Otherwise she would be unemployed..... And quite, quite, quite many other people too. But further in the text. Before Jyn could continue, a slightly out of breath person slipped around the corner, probably too late, and stopped with a surprised expression on his face a few steps in front of the group, whereupon the man immediately pointed to Jyn.

"There is no such thing", joyfully enthusiastically the dark-haired man approached the group, continued to point to Jyn and did not seem to believe this entirely, "I saw you on television..... When I was in prison. In real you look different but perfect."

"Scott Lang," Jyn commented briefly and didn't even have to look up because she knew him and his background, which seemed to surprise Scott even more that she knew who he was, "Everyone knows you. Burglar and thief. Bravo. With a burglary you become the new Ant-Man. Were good stories that I owe to you."