09

How early it was the next morning, Jyn didn't know at first. Anyway, it was early. Very early in the morning. The sun was just about to rise. Grumbling she rolled to the side, then on her feet and shuffled over to the door. Couldn't just stop this hammering. Rest in the morning. Was that too much to ask? Yes, apparently it was.

"Zero seven hundred. Time for her training," surprised by the situation, Jyn opened her mouth slightly, stared at the man in front of her, slightly questioning, much more overstrained, and hardly shook her head noticeably, since she had no idea of what the guy wanted from her, "close combat and self-defense as well as learning how to handle handguns. In addition, I was told that you wanted to do the New York Marathon and you need training to do that. Training starts now. Moving. In all at the latest five minutes you are down. Done."

"Um...... No," Jyn gave the guy a little understanding, which he apparently hadn't expected and he turned to her again, "Do you really live with the idea that I'd just go with you, let alone train? I have no idea who you are, who 'ordered' that, or what your references are. I don't even know your name. Besides, no. I don't care what you're going to do now because I'm going back to sleep now. Have a nice day."

"072756-97501. A good friend I owe a favor to. 072756-97513 Jyn Blake. Born Rumlow, divorced Strange. When the colonels see you as no imposition on our community, you are no longer seen as a goal by anyone else and are accepted. At least more than now. Especially since you have a certain immunity. Start to be no longer seen as simple nothing and act as something helpless, but as what you have been given. Potential. It just has to be scratched out. If it has to be, even beaten", so that Jyn finally started to hurry, the still unknown man typed himself demonstratively on his wrist and made a movement towards the room, "Ridley Martin. Now finally get ready."

"That was great," Jyn sighed and rubbed her forehead with the backs of her fingers, which was the moment when she was shivering over her back, "Martin. Ridley Martin. Ridley Martin of all people. That can be cheerful."

Bomb. Honestly? If only Tony hadn't shown up again because of this overrated Avenger initiative, Jyn would certainly not be in the atlas. Then it wouldn't have been all present with Brock, it would have come up again. And someone like Ridley Martin wouldn't stand here and insist on 'training'.

Gasping for air, Jyn stopped at a park bench, supported herself on the backrest and tried to control her pulse again. She could feel her heartbeat all over her body, in the form of a throbbing. That wasn't training. That was physical annihilation. The total elimination. Disguised as simple 'training'. There was no quicker way to kill them. Once the body is (for now) unable to move or defend itself, it makes it much easier to eliminate it. None of their previous training programs had been so extreme and exaggerated in scope. Not even the training sessions with Brock. And that should mean something.

"You wanted to keep up the marathon, didn't you? Completely", skeptical of Jyn's plan, Martin came back to the bench where she supported herself and immediately raised her hand so that he was quiet again and didn't even begin to talk, "How long does it usually take you for the whole course? Five hours.

"A little more than three", hands resting on his hips, breathing deeply in and out again, Jyn started walking in circles, hoping to be ready for today, "Three two. Back then it had been a good preparation without any problems, otherwise it's three to ten. I'm not a marathon runner except twice a year."

"The training is about going several steps harder than the actual goal at the end", Martin von Jyn corrected with little enthusiasm and did not let her out of her sight for a single moment, "That was just thirty-eight kilometres. Of course you know how many are still missing."

"Something," Jyn brought out only as a brief answer and then began to stretch carefully to avoid getting any unnecessary cramps or strains, "May I guess? You run the marathon course every morning just to warm up? Before breakfast."

"Twice a week", Martin's answer could sound less important, walking around Jyn, kicking her feet further apart and correcting every single exercise, every little move she made, "You'd think you were a lot more experienced with your background story. 'Redemption' had the middleweight world champion in his stable and Rumlow kept his heavyweight world champion title for five fights."

"Nine. Almost four years. In his last fight he kept his title, one month later he finished his career as world champion and went to S.H.I.E.L.D.. The born fighter and leader anyway," Jyn began to smile at these words, holding on to Martin's shoulder as she began to stretch her left leg, "He didn't care who stood in front of him. In the end, all the broken bones, the K.O.'s and the hospitalized opponents counted.Crossbones. The E.R. was the most favorable scenario anyone could experience. That was me. Nasal bone fracture. Bone fractures were what any opponent could prepare for in advance. One thing he always taught me..... well, what he always advised me to do."

"For most, he was the sniper needed for certain situations," Martin said, placing his left hand on her tailbone and her right hand on her right shoulder to correct her wrong posture, "Don't worry anymore about what he was to people, but who you are. Or build on it. Everyone knows who you are and to whom you belong. Take advantage of that. Advantages are not left unused in this world. Otherwise they will accept others."

Others were not always really good in this case. Rather the opposite. Great but somebody had Martin 'set' on Jyn. For whatever reason; for whatever and so she had no other choice but to simply go along with the whole thing. She didn't have much time until the marathon anyway, so the training with Martin wasn't exactly the most inappropriate of all times. However, everything that happens always happens at the most inopportune time. No matter what it was. So this was nothing special anymore. Just another event to accept