06

So everything should be clear, at least from Jyn's point of view, so she stood up and moved her hand in the direction of the door, which should signal to Lang that it was time for him to walk. Not five steps further the interruption came. In the form of a call. Unknown number.

"Yes?.... 072756-97513.... Rumlow.... 157-899-632.... This is.... Yes, correct. I'll send you everything else," since the long-awaited call came in, Lang was completely written off and Jyn didn't seem to care that he was half standing in the hallway watching, so she went over to the laptop that was on the kitchen line typing something in and then looked straight over the edge of the laptop to the window, "I don't think many would have a problem with that, you're doing most people a certain favor.... Five. Yes, that's right. Five correct..... X. I don't have to, no X..... total ele..... Main thing....... Wonderful to know. Glad to hear extraordinarily. 1111-1110. I'm waiting..."

Clamped between his ear and shoulder with his cell phone, Jyn wandered around the room, stacked several files and magazines neatly on top of each other, and briefly looked over to Lang, who was standing in the hallway, listening, and apparently waiting for something. He knew where the door was. Did she really have to accompany him there, or couldn't he find his way alone? Oh no, too complicated. Just straight ahead and around the corner.

"Thank you. It's always a pleasure for me. Do you still give me the...? Perfect", Jyn hastily wrote down a number at the end, put the mobile phone on the kitchen counter and went over to Lang, who she thought had said and clarified everything long ago, "What more can I do for you Lang?

"At the moment I can judge you pretty hard, almost not at all. Maybe it's because of the job; the life you led until recently or you really have that kind of views and therefore say what you think because it's part of your character, yet you can be a pretty ruthless bitch if you want. Is it self-protection not to get hurt?" oh, she had heard much worse, which is why Jyn Lang's words just smiled at and didn't take too much of it, "Maybe you just need a thick fur, with all that's said and reported about you, but I have to say, you're rated differently. Until now I always thought that when you were seen on the news with your husband, the woman was the perfect counterpart. Normal job; no rich family in the background like Stark has; and no need to hide behind her husband because she doesn't need it and it wouldn't fit her at all, nor could. Not to mention the egocentric and arrogant attitude. Not a woman who is simply the 'appendage' of the successful Doctor Stephen Strange, but one who stands equal to him and not under him. Most of the time, your colleagues were more interested in you than in him. If it was all just an act, respect for it. I bought it from you. Absolutely. At the moment, at this moment, however, I see a woman who no longer has much in common with the woman who a few years ago was more than criticized because of the Senate elections. Because of your opinion that some of the candidates did not deserve it, that they had no rights and that their views were more than questionable and that they would not represent anything positive or reasonable at all. 'The most questionable candidates for decades', the article said, as far as I can remember. You have caused a great deal of unrest and quite a few people against you, precisely because you were the only one who probably wrote what many thought nobody wanted to say. Especially since there was something in it that nobody should, could or should know about. Weeks later many things looked completely different. Now my question to you. Who are you actually?"

"I'm Jyn Blake. My brother is considered a terrorist and was killed by a bitch who is a failed hydra experiment. My ex-husband is Doctor Stephen Vincent Strange, a former neurosurgeon. I'm a journalist," Jyn ratted out the list of her oh so great vita, opened the door for Lang and raised her hand pointing out to the hall, "Thank you for the nice visit and this conversation. It was a pleasure. Have a nice trip home."

As soon as Lang had stepped through the door, it fell into the castle behind him and Jyn went moaning to the window front, with a view of Central Park. There she put her right hand on the glass, drove her tongue over the inside of her left cheek, and a little later began to jingle her fingernails thoughtfully on the cool glass. Who are you? What a rarely stupid question. A human being. Ex-wife. Sister. Journalist. Daughter.

Jyn audibly blew the air out of her nose, looked with an eyelashes impact from the street and the people down there up to the half setting sun and pulled the left corner of her mouth up to a smile.

It's nothing personal.