CHAPTER 22 He's Back

the welcome home party for Deku was still holding strong after 6 hours. just before midnight, All Might jestered at Deku to follow him outside. Deku followed him out to see All Might sitting on the top step of the walkway. "Young Midoriya" All Might said in a soft voice "Happy late birthday. I'm sorry that we couldn't find you any sooner."

All Might handed Deku the present and bowd in an apology.  All Might's tears were hitting the pavement like rain.

"I wish  we could've had more security so that you and young Bakugo would have never been captured."

Deku puts his hand on All Might's shoulder and said

"At least we made it back alive and in one piece."

All Might looks up to see Deku in tears with a smile on his face. Deku hugs All Might tight and says

"If it wasn't for you and everyone else we would have never made it back."

after a while and the two stopped crying Deku opened the gift. All Might said after Deku opened it

" This is an autograph book full of every hero in the country. After a heroes shift was over for looking for you two ,I'd ask for their autograph for when we found you. Young Bakugo has one aswell but it's in his room."

Deku's eyes filled with tears yet again as he held the book tightly to his chest.

"Thank you All Might"

said Deku. All of a sudden All Might gets a text. All Might runs inside but tells Deku to stay outside for a minute. Then Bakugo and Todoroki run outside where Deku is. Bakugo is out of breath and pale as a ghost. Bakugo is trying to say something but can't get it out so Todoroki speaks.

" Midoriya it's bad ,come take a look."

Deku runs in to see everyone surround the TV. Deku brakes through the crowd and then falls to his knees while grabbing his own head with both hands. Deku says

"Why is he back?"

The television shows Dabi breaking out of prison, looking at the security camera and setting it on fire.