Chapter 19

I forgot Alex's home Countries name and i'm hoping i got it right. Enjoy and sorry for being away so long.  

Two days of traveling have finally brought me to the border of my home country, Misuto. The next few days will be tough to stay hidden so I'm not discovered.

I take to the dense underbrush of the forest that covers most of the Kingdom. 10 miles in the forest I stop and change into dark green leggings and shirt. I place a protective cuff on my arm and strap my quiver to my back, pulling my unstrung bow out of my bag as well. I put on a molten green cloak to complete the outfit. Tying my hair into a low ponytail and flicking up the hood of the cloak, making sure my hair isn't showing. Lastly I strap my 2 hunting knives to my hip, then string my bow.

Tossing my bag back on my back, I set out on a course that will take me right up to the castle. Missing the company of Shep, making this journey a somen one. The castle is a day's journey from the Clarines border.

~ Time Skip to Castle ~

I drop my bag in a hollow tree stump a good 20 miles away, along with my bow and quiver cause I shouldn't need them for this part of the task i set myself on. It's around midnight and the watch on the wall is tiring and ive got their routines imprinted in my mind.

I scale the wall as the guard posted at this part of the wall rests against the small wall that keeps them from falling off in the dark of night. I drop down onto the cobblestones of the courtyard and instantly take to the shadows and stay as still as possible as a guard walks right past me. I dare not move for if i do i will be caught.

I watch with only my eyes as he passes me once more and settles back against the wall under the sparse light from one of the torches. I make my way to the medical buildings, keeping to the shadows and taking cover as guards stationed around the castle make their rounds.

The dark medical building looms ominous in the gloom of the twilight. Deserted at this late hour making it the perfect time to take action.

Making my way to one of the windows on the side of the building the moon isnt shining on. I soundlessly open one of the main floor windows and glide through it, closing it behind me without the faintest sound.

Im in a simple waiting room between the research and storage rooms. I make my way to the storage rooms remembering the layout from when i was a young child.

Slipping through the door of the first room with a small creak of the floorboards the only evidence i had past through. Rifling through the shelves of herbs and medicines looking for one in particular only in Misuto.

"There" I whisper to myself as i reach for the herb.

Conveniently there was a pouch of the seeds next to them and i pocketed them as well. I turn to leave only to be met face to face to a lady in the doorway.