Chapter 37

We stop in the next town we come across for some much-desired rest. The inn we stayed at only had a single room with one bed, so we ended up having to share and we were both to tired to argue. Instead we both collapsed on the bed after taking care of Poppy. Not bothering to eat anything and heading straight to sleep.

In the morning we checked out of the inn. With the innkeeper rambling on about young love and other junk I didn't bother to pay attention too. Before leaving town, I dragged Izana to the marketplace in the middle of town to buy clothing for us both. Both of us bathing in the inn before checking out but the only clothing we had was what we trekked through the forest in.

I convinced him to only buy traveling garments and nothing fancy because we don't want to be jumped on this journey, he decided to join me on. So, we both got 2 sets of brown outfits and Izana bought a new cloak, this time a dark brown one. Along with provisions and new water skins. I entered a medical clinic and bought medications I haven't learned to make and other medical supplies. While Izana decided to write a letter to Zen and the others explaining that we have embarked on an adventure with an undisclosed location and wouldn't be returning for a while.

With all our new supplies we had to also invest in a saddle, Izana getting a deal on both a saddle and bridle. We loaded up the saddle before mounting Poppy and continuing on to Tanaki.

The road was long and crossing over the boarder was harder than I thought because Izana insisted that we use the actual border crossing instead of crossing through the forest as I always do to avoid lengthy waiting.

"What is your purpose for visiting Tonbarun" the guard demands as Izana dismounts Poppy and goes to help my down as well.

"We are traveling to Tanaki to visit our Nana I state as my feet hit the ground and pain shoots through my side at the impact because I didn't wait for Izana's help like I should have and now I have to suppress the wince that was to follow.

"Names" he demands coldly

"Alex and Izana Wist" Izana starts

"Wistbrook" I cut him off midsentence and shoot a smile at the guard before sending a glare at Izana.

"Is everything alright?" he asks skeptically as his eyes dart between the two of us.

"Sorry sir we decided to mix our last names together when we married a few days prior and I haven't quite got the hang of addressing myself as such." Izana states, making me choke at his quick thinking. "Right honey" he adds as he pulls me into his side as I am still processing what he said. He squeezes my side a little too tight snapping me out of my shock and I decide to play it up.

"He's bad at remembering." I state and with as sickly sweet but love struck as I could manage I smile up at him and it takes everything for me not to gag at my performance. Turning back to the guard. "My Nana fell ill and couldn't make it to the wedding so we decided to visit her while we still can" I add thinking of the weather that is starting to grow colder by the day.

"We are hoping to spend time with her before we return and have our hands full. If you know what I mean" Izana states and places his hand that was snaked around my back on my torso and in that moment it took all my strength to keep from tearing him apart.

"I understand perfectly. I have 2 myself and they are quite a handful" the guard chuckles and moves off to the side granting us passage. "Take care and I wish you a safe pregnancy Mrs. Wistbrook." He says and nods to us as we start walking across the small cobbled bridge built for the crossing.

"You're lucky I didn't rip you apart back on that bridge" I seethe as we make it a ways away from the crossing.

"It worked though didn't it Honey" he said with an amused smile on his face. "I'm surprised that he didn't notice that neither of us have a ring" he added looking at his left hand for a moment, lost in thought. "We should get a pair" he states and I stop dead in my tracks.