Chapter 12

Reece

I have no idea where we are going. For the last three days we have started to run low on food and we still have seen no clue of where the men in white suits are! Nova is obviously tired, she is walking like she's about to fall over, and the reason she is so tired is that she insisted on taking the night watches since we started walking together. I asked her why she wanted to take watch the whole night instead of shifts with me, her reply was simple," I don't trust you." Ouch.

"Hey Nova, let's take a break," I yell to her because she was five meters ahead of me, again because she doesn't trust me.

"Why? Are you tired or something?" She snaps.

"No, but you are, there is some shade over there beside that big tree," I tell her pointing at the only tree I've seen in five kilometres.

She groans defeated and walks over to the tree, flopping into the dry grass under its shade. I catch up to her and sit down a metre away, she glares at me and I shuffle away until she stops and shuts her eyes. I know the only reason that she decided to let me come with her was because she would need backup if she had to deal with anyone, or thing on the way to wherever the men in white suits are. I look over at her sun kissed skin and black hair, she is short compared to me...everyone is short compared to me. I don't know why I chased after her, why I'm still hanging out with her, she hates my guts and she has every right to.

"Stop looking at me," she growls at me still with her eyes closed.

"Sorry," I mumble looking out at the highway.

I take a quick glance in her direction, she is so beautiful. Oh crap! I think I like her! Well that would explain why I followed her but still, she isn't even friends with me.

"Look Nova, I'm sorry for what I said to you a couple of days ago, can't we be friends, please?" I ask.

No reply.

"At least answer me," I say disappointed.

Still no reply.

"Fine lets go," I say standing and walking a bit away from her.

I look back and see she hasn't moved and her eyes are still closed. She fell asleep, damn. I go over and bend down to shake her when a few meters away from me sticking out of the grass I see a metal shine. I walk over to it and realise it is a metal board that is two by one meters with wheels attached to it. Ha! I can put her on this and she can sleep while I keep walking. I pick it up off its side and wheel it over to her, It squeaks and it is rusty but she probably won't mind. I pick her up gently and put her on the metal board, then start walking do the never ending highway. Two minutes later I see a strange long black mark on the broken road. That's when I see the few shoe tracks in the dirt and a freshly killed feral dog. The dog had a hole in its head that had caused its death, like the holes in the body's of the strange people who tried to kill us after the men in white suits killed them. The men in white suites were here, recently.

Nova

I am standing in front of a man and women, fire rages behind them and I can hear people screaming.

"Tate will look after you," a man says.

"Where is he?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter, he will find you, he will protect you," the women says.

"Now run Nova and never forget about your gift! You must use your gift to save everyone, if you don't-," the man sops talking and starts screaming as another man with a mauled face bites into his neck and rips out his throat with is teeth.

The women screams for me to run and I do just as the mauled man jumps at her and tackles her to the ground.

"I love you," she yells, and her voice turns to a gurgle.

The scene changes and I am hunched over in a dark, dark room.

"It's going to be okay, Nova," a whispered voice says in my ear before grabbing my hand and holding it.

"I'm scared, Tate," I whisper back.

"I know, we just have be quiet okay, the bad men will get us if we don't," he tells me.

I then hear a door crack open and a small ray of light shine around near us, I squeeze his hand tighter and he hugs me tight as I feel tear roll down my cheeks.

"They aren't in here, let's go," a woman yells and the door shuts.

Light fills the rooms and I am suddenly outside standing with a boy who looks about nine with brown curly hair and tan skin looks at me with big brown eyes.

"Look at what I did! Now everyone knows that we are best friends!" I look at a a wooden door at the front of a house, it has a love heart with Tate and Nova and BFF written inside it. We both start laughing and I hug him.

I turn around and suddenly an older looking Tate is looking at me terrified out of his mind, he looks about fourteen now, and is muscular and tall.

"Nova I have taught you how to use knifes and hoe to defend yourself, your going to be fine and we will meet again," He says with tears in his eyes.

"No! I'm only twelve, I can't look after myself, I need you here with me Tate!" I scream.

He cups my face in his hands and looks me deep in the eyes, "both of us will die if I don't distract them, you have to get away, your special!" He says and tears run down his face.

"You will find me though right?" I cry.

"I will, now take this pill, if they find you they won't get any information from you, I have to take one too," he says taking two white tablets out of a tin from his pocket, I put it in my mouth and swallow and so does he.

"I will find you but we both won't remember each other," he tells me.

"I will always remember you Tate!" I yell.

"This tablet wipes your memory Nova, I'm sorry, maybe we will remember each other, maybe we won't, goodbye Nova, and run until you can't run anymore," he hugs me and pushes me forward.

As I start running, Tate yells loudly and runs in the opposite direction of me with all the men in white chasing after him. I turn away from him and sprint into the forest and keep running and running for what seemed hours before I collapse. I wake up on the pavement not knowing where I am, or what's going on. A man with peppery black hair stand above me asking who I am. I small voice at the back of my head tells me to tell him.

"Nova."

How was it?

Comment or vote if you want

<3 Freyjaxoxo