Chapter 5

We have been walking for two days And the temperature has became increasingly hot, it must be the middle of summer. Terah finally worked up enough courage to talk to Jane and Beck and the started running in front of me, laughing and playing games. Which left me and Reece in a continuous awkward silence. We all washed ourselves yesterday when we found a small stream next to the road, they look completely different now without their cool face paint. Actually both of the guys are really attractive, not that I would ever admit it though.

We walk along the road for another ten minuets before Reece says that it is time for lunch. He leads us off what he said is called a highway to the shade of the trees. We left my old city two days ago, and since then it has been this never ending 'highway'. I sit down and Terah races over and sits next to me, with a gigantic smile on her face, one that I haven't seen since our world flipped upside down.

"'Ello big sis! Pass me some jerky, please," she asks me and I pull out some and split it between us.

Jane comes over and sits on the other side of her and Beck sit across from us, Reece sits on his own ten meters away from us.

"I've been meaning to ask, are you off the boat that came from another country, Terah," Beck asks.

"Boat?" I ask him.

"Yeah it's a thing that can float on water," Jane answers.

"I know what it is, but why would you think Terah was on it?" I ask.

"Well it's because she talks differently then the rest of us, you have noticed that right?" Beck asks and I nod my head.

Now that we are talking about, she never has told me about her past. I look over at her and notice that she is become extremely uncomfortable with the extra attention she is receiving.

"Hey, it doesn't matter, she is here now and that's what matters I say," and she looks at me smiling.

I eventually zone out to the conversation that they are having and look over at Reece, he is eating and reading something. As it usually does curiosity takes over and I walk over to him.

"Whatcha reading?" I ask and startle him.

"Um, a map..." He says awkwardly.

"Why?" I ask.

He looks up at me turns red and the looks down at the map and replies, "so I know where we are going."

"So where are we going?" I ask trying to get more then three words out of him.

"Wherever this map leads," he says through gritted teeth.

Okay this is getting irritating," What's your problem?"

"What?" He replies and his mood changes from awkward to slightly peeved.

"Every time in try to talk to you, you give me half-ass replies and never look at me when I talk to you, it's freaking rude," I say grumpily.

"I don't know if I can trust you two, after all you took me down I one move, I have been learning to fight my whole life, I wanna know how the hell you could do that!" He yells but not loud enough for the others to hear us.

"Need I remind you that I only kicked you ass because you and your group attacked me and my sister! And how I do anything is none of your business," I yell back, still not grasping the others attention.

"I bet you do a lot of things don't you," he says and I know what he is implying.

"If you don't want us here then we'll leave, I'd rather take whatever the the men in white suits want then stand here talking to you!" I yell, and that caught the rest of the groups attention, I don't care anymore.

I walk over pick up my backpack and look over at Terah, "you can stay if you want Terah, I know you have made friends here and you're happy, but I'm not staying."

"I'd jump off a bridge with ya big sis, if ya really wanna go I'll go with ya," Terah says packing up her bag and walking over to me.

"You can't leave! Please stay!" Jane says.

"I'm sorry, but wherever she goes I go," Terah tells them.

"Then we will go with you!" Beck replies while picking up his bag, and Jane does the same.

I look over at Reece, who is getting to his feet and walking towards me. I touch the dagger in the sheath attached to my hip. Ooh this is getting entertaining, Mr. Tough-guy.

"Look what you have done you bitch, they are going to follow you and die!" Reece yells.

"They don't have to go with us," I say adding in my head, they are leaving because you're more moody than a chick, but I don't say that though.

"Yeah well they will, if you two don't stay," he replies, something was in his voice when he said it, like he was desperate for us to stay.

"So in other words, you want us to stay, fine," I say.

"Whatever," he says pretending to be intimidating.

"Hey I haven't finished, we will stay, if you apologise to me for being an asshole," I speak like a true bitch, and it felt good.

"I'm... Sorry," he says through a clenched jaw.

"Wasn't that hard, was it princess?" I say and Beck, Jane and Terah giggle.

He stares me down but I'm not afraid, no man will ever make me scared. We start walking down the road again, with Terah and her friends leading, and me stuck behind with Mr. Emotional. Then I hear the faint human-like howl, I look out the corner of my eye and see Reece flinch. So I'm not imagining it. But that's not what worries me it's the fact that Reece looks scared and it makes me wonder, what the hell is it...

I guess Reece isn't as fearless as he pretends to be,

Spoiler alert, they are catching up and no amount of running, hiding or fighting can ever prepare them for next chapter.

Comment on how I can improve my book or vote if you want!

Freyjaxoxo <3