Chapter 8

After our first kiss, we sit together on the porch of the house, he is holding my hand while we watch the sunset.

"Nova," he says to me.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Nova," he says again.

"What?" I ask.

"Nova! Wake up," he says and the world starts shaking, I close my eyes.

"Wha?" I say opening them again, I am lying down on a mattress in a mouldy room.

"Damn you sleep like the dead!" Reece says to me.

"What? But? Hmm..." I start to say.

Oh my gosh, I was dreaming about Reece and me! Idiot! What the hell is wrong with me!?

"What's wrong with you princess? by the way, you owe me for carrying you all the way here," he says.

"Shut up... Where are we?" I ask.

"I dunno after what happened yesterday, I just picked you up and ran to the nearest house," he says bored.

"Oh," and queue awkward silence.

I reach into my backpack on the end of the bed and pull out a homemade musli bar.

"I wouldn't eat that if I were you," Reece says looking at me.

"Why?" I ask.

"Your already heavy enough," he says laughing at me.

"Not funny asshole," I say taking an exaggerated bite of my musli bar and walking out the room.

I walk straight out the room and through the front door, outside was a road and a few other completely ruined houses. Something catches my eye at the house directly in front of me, something on the front door. I walk over to it and see that what had caught my eye was one of those stupid love hearts with people's names written in them. But I decide to read it anyway, it says Tate plus Nova equals BFF. Wow someone who has the same name as me that's so cool!

"Waksha dloin?" Reece says from behind me with a mouth full of food.

"What?" I ask.

"Whatcha doing?" He replies after swallowing his food.

"Nothing," I say.

"Sounds like fun," he says and I notice a piece of food in his teeth.

"You have food in your teeth," I tell him.

"You can get it for me if you want," he says puckering his lips and continuing," just kidding I hate you."

Arg! While I was wasting time on this guy, I forgot about Terah! That's it I'm going to find her... Even if she is-. I walk away from him and into the house, I pick up my backpack, sling it over my back and walk out the house.

"Where the hell are you going your highness, if you are going to get lost I am encouraging you," he says in a sarcastic tone.

Finally something snapped inside me, "what's your problem?"

"'Scuse me?" He says to my back.

I turn around and continue," from the first day I met you, you have hated me! You didn't hate Terah, you didn't treat Beck or Jane the way you treat me! What the hell is your problem!?" I yell at him.

"You're my problem," he replies calmly.

"What have I ever done to you?" I ask.

"You kicked my ass, held a knife to my throut, then you try to take Beck and Jane away from me! You did nothing when the men and white suits took them! NOTHING!" He say yelling and losing it.

"I kicked your ass because you threatened to gut my sister! Beck and Jane wanted to be with Terah and me more then they wanted to be with you! I saved your freaking life from that psychopathic women and you pulled me down to the ground before I could do anything! I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR TERAH, and that's why I am leaving your sorry ass to find her!" I scream, starting to cry.

"Oh go cry to your mother,"He says.

"I would but my mother is dead! Everyone I ever loved has died! And I am not going to let Terah die as well," I say fully crying now.

"Well you're bad luck aren't you," he says.

I turn away from him and start walking away from him, I can hear him shout out something insulting but I ignore him, how could I be so stupid! I am going to find Terah and then I am going to kill Reece, even if it's the last thing I do...

I guess it was to good to be true,

Spoiler alert, next chapter is going to be completely about Terah, get ready for some surprises!

Anyway as always comment or vote if you love the book or just want to talk,

<3 Freyjaxoxo.

PS. I won't be able to publish anything for the next five days because I have school camp! But I

promise when I get back I'll publish everything I have written.

Again, <3 Freyjaxoxo.