Chapter 17

Reece

"Hurry up, you moron!" Nova says, still holding onto his arm as I drag him through the trees.

"I'm hurrying okay! Are they still behind us?" I say while getting hit in the face with a low branch.

"I dunno why don't you ask," she say sarcastically.

"Why are you being such a cow all of a sudden?" I say again copping a branch to the face.

"I was stupid," she replies.

"What was stupid?" I ask.

"Me trusting you with anything," she says pulling my arm harder sending me unintentionally into a bush.

Being still attached to my arm she was pulled down with me, but that wasn't the end of it, the bush was on the top of a steep incline into a fast flowing creek, which we were heading straight into. Water filled my lungs as a took a deep breath underwater, something pulls at my collar and lifts me out of the creek. I look up at the moonlit face of Nova, who had a angry scowl and a glare as she was looking me.

"Get up!" She yells, continuing to drag me through the water and out the other side effortlessly.

We run as fast as we can, considering that our clothes are soaked with creek water and God knows what else. She suddenly trips over and screams, I consider leaving her and continuing running but I turn around and help her up, that's when I see the slight metal glint on the ground and instead of helping her to her feet I pull the it.

Nova

I am on the ground holding my ankle that feels like it is on fire, Reece/Tate reaches down and at first it looks like he is helping me up but when he continues down past me to touch the ground I knew that it was to good to be true. I am about to lose it when he pulls up a trapdoor!

He begins his descent that's when I get angry,"are you serious? I can't go down there, I can't move my ankle!"

"Fine!" He says getting back out of the hole and grabbing me," get onto my back."

"What!?" I say.

"There's a ladder, if you can't walk then it's gonna be a pretty hard climb," he says, and I crawl awkwardly onto his back.

He starts going down the ladder and I pull the trapdoor shut filling the space with pitch blackness, it was dark before bit now it's just, beyond black. We descend slowly and every so often I hear a loud creak from the ladder, it makes me question my choice of going down here, on somebody's back. I feel his feet touch the ground and he helps me limp along.

"Nova?" He asks.

"What?" I ask.

"Say for a second that I think that you are telling the truth about...everything, then why?" He questions.

"Why what!?" I say getting annoyed, just finish you question!

"Why all of this why you? why me? What is wrong with us!?" He says a bit too loudly making me jump slightly.

"I don't know! I only have slight memories... wait, what do you mean what's wrong with us?" I ask suspiciously.

"Um, you know, like... Why are we so important, and, yeah," he says worst lie ever.

I am about to get up him for lying to me when a yellow light flashes in the distance, oh crap!

"Nova... You saw that right?" He asks.

"Y-yes," I say.

Then the light flashes on again, but this time it isn't in the distance, it's centimetres away from my face.

"Hello," I say, acting tough when I'm scared crap-less.

"Finally! I thought that I had to go look for you, but it seems you both have found me," a male voice says.

"Well that's great, but you're blinding me and I'm in to much pain to deal with anyone civilly right now, so tell me who the hell you are before I poke you freaking eyes out!" I scream at him.

"I'm Lincoln, or Lee as it like to be called, your Nova he's Tate or Reece as he's calling himself now, how do I know all this? Two reasons, one I work for the rebel movement fighting against the Mole Men and liberating the sad citizens that have been forced to live in this evil place, two, I believe my new friend is and old friend of yours," Lincoln says.

"Who is this old friend of mine?" I ask.

"Her name is, Terah... Follow me, and I officially welcome you to Hell," Lincoln says leading us down the dimly lit hallway, Reece/Tate has decided to carry me obviously sick of me lagging behind.

Terah is alive; a spark of hope ignites in me...

Sorry it was a short chapter, but I really needed to add this.

Anyways <3 ya Freyjaxoxo