Chapter 16

Terah

Beck's 'brother' leads me down several white hallways then into a small room similar to mine.

"Um...nice place," I say looking at all the strange old world items, like posters of beautiful people and children's play toys.

"Thanks," he replies proudly not detecting the sarcasm in my voice.

"Where did you get it all?" I ask.

"I'm about to show you," he says smiling.

He pulls up the corner of the carpet to reveal a small square cut into the floor, nearly a meter by a metre.

"Isn't it amazing," he says staring at me with stars in his eyes.

"Great...what is it?" I say dully.

"It is a trapdoor...to freedom and the rebels!" He says opening it and gesturing for me to descend into the darkness down a wooden ladder, which I do.

Beck

"Now that we have established where you are, tell me, what are your fears?" the voice asks me.

"I'm not telling you...w-whoever you are," I yell.

"Well, it doesn't matter I already know," it says.

"How, you're lying," I say bluntly.

"You are scared of snakes and crows," it says, something scaly slides around my leg and I am suddenly bombarded by hundreds of crows.

"AHHH," I scream.

"You are fearful of ever seeing Silvia again," it continues, the crows and snakes disappear and Silvia appears on her chair.

"Please don't," I beg.

"Your scared of what I could be," it says, and Silvia disappears as well.

Nothing happens, just silence, I stand looking at the spot where Silvia previously was expecting something to pop up at me.

"Oh, your so scary, I'm crapping my pants," I say sarcastically, while turning around.

"Thanks," says a mutilated face inches from mine, it was so badly disfigured that I couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl.

I don't realise I'm screaming until my throat starts hurting, I turn to the side and vomit, I run away from it as fast as I can but every time I turn around its right behind me. That's when I hear it.

"Shut it down, he's going into shock!" A man yells in the distance.

"Do you want me to take him out of the simulation or-", a woman starts.

"Take him out, give him a sedative, let him sleep until the shock goes away then put him back in," the man says.

"But-," she starts.

"Can you not hear me? DO IT NOW!" He yells and everything goes dark.

Terah

After the two meter jump down the dark hole, I realise that there was a ladder, idiot. Lee climbs down the ladder pulling the trapdoor shut with him, the area becomes even darker. There is a small click and tunnel that we are in lights up, He is holding a flashlight.

"Let's go," he says dragging me by the arm with him, the tunnel is made out of concrete but that still doesn't make me feel as if it's going to crush us to death.

"Um... Where are we going?" I ask, and Lee turns of the flashlight and it sounds like he is climbing again.

"Come on," he yells from somewhere above me.