Chapter 13

Nova

I feel a warm, slightly burning sensation all over my skin, it's nice. I open my eyes and look up at the blazing sun above me, I am moving but I'm lying down, what the hell. I crane my head back to see Reece's hand holding onto a bar as he is walking, he is pulling me along on something, ha! I'm so gonna pretend I'm asleep just for a bit longer. I close my eyes again and think about the strange memory-dreams that I had, Tate, he looks familiar, how though? I remember the love heart on the door with our names written in it, I saw that a couple of days ago! Wow, I can't even explain the feeling I'm having right now. Then I remember him handing me the pill say that it will wipe my memory, and the same would happen to him, so if we ever met we wouldn't know... Or would we, I mean I started remembering things maybe he has. For the whole two years that I was living with James' group I had no memory of my past, Greta, the nurse told me that it was probably from trauma in my past that my memory's had hidden themselves deep inside my head, that was the understatement of the year. The thing I'm lying on swerves and I yelp.

"Okay princess I'm gonna drag you for ten more minutes before you can walk for yourself," Reece says.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I ask him.

"A day, your bag in on the end of the board, eat something," he says and I sit up and grab my water bottle and small jar of vegetables, it tastes gross but it's food.

"Um, you know when you said that your friend died because of the men in white how long ago was that?" I say shocked as the words came out of my mouth.

"Ah, two years ago, I had only arrived at my camp for a couple of weeks and she was the only one who took care of me," he says sighing.

"What? You mean you were only at your camp for two years before you met me? Why?" I ask confused.

"Beck found me a couple of kilometres away from the camp with his dad, they took me back to the camp from them on," he replies.

"Where did you come from?" I ask intrigued.

"I-I don't know, I lost my memory before I got to the camp, I really don't know, actually I remember a little girl, she was pale with black hair and brown-green eyes," he tells me.

"You mean hazel," I say.

"Yeah, I guess, why what's your story princess?" He says, I'm actually becoming used to the name now, I almost don't care anymore.

"Same... Weird," I say having a weird hunch.

"What?" He says and I pick up my bag an jump off the metal bed.

I walk over to him and place a hand on his shoulder so that he turns around, then I stare into his eyes, I must look like a absolute freak but I do.

"Um, whatcha doing?" He say slightly uncomfortable.

"Do you remember anything else about this girl?" I ask.

"Um... No...wait yes, in one of my dreams I remember being really upset and so was she, at one point she put her hand up to her mouth for some reason and she had a scar in the shape of an 'X' at the bottom of her thumb it was about three centimetres long, why," he says looking pained at the memory.

I look down at the hand hanging at my side, nothing, I look up at my hand on Reece's shoulder, a faint pink 'X' is near the thumb.

"Tate?" I say looking into his eyes.

Sorry the chapter was so short but I really had to write this!

Anyways vote it you like it and comment I would love to hear from you, or follow.

As always <3 Freyjaxoxo