Chapter 20

Reece

I see Lee practically fly up and out of the hole, then Terah and then Nova and I as she was piggybacking me because I wouldn't allow her to walk with her ankle looking like it did.
"What the hell!" I yell as arms grab my arms and haul me out of the hole, Nova screamed and held on tighter to me.

"Be quiet," a large man who pulled me out of the hole said.

"Lee, we need to get you and the package out of here," a woman standing a meter away from the large man says.

"Um, excuse me, what the hell? Rude!" Terah says, I can't help but smirk, I can hear Nova giggle on my back.

"I was about to ask the same, who the hell is she Lee," the man says and I can see Lincoln's jaw tense in the faint moonlight.

"She is Terah and is a friend of ours," Lee says gesturing to all of us.

"I don't care who she is, she can't come back to base with us, our orders were to get you and the package out of Hell and get back, nothing else, no one else, ditch her and let's go," another man said walking towards us, I assume that the package was Nova and me.

"Yeah I don't think so, no offence ass but I'm not leaving my little sister here," Nova says from my back.

"Skyler didn't tell us she had a sister," the woman says to the the man who was standing beside her.

"That's because she doesn't have a sister... Look princess we're leaving that girl behind and taking you, Tate and Lee, now let's go," the man who previously walked towards us said sarcastically, uh oh and he called her 'princess'.

She jumps down off my back carefully so she doesn't hurt her ankle, and uses me as support as she walks in between him and Terah. She reaches forward and grabs the collar of his shirt and pulls him towards her mouth to whisper something in his ear.

"Terah, you are welcome to join us, now let's get outta here before the moles catch up," he says, his voice shaking, I wonder what she said to him.

She turns back to me and I turn around so she can get back to piggybacking. We follow the three people, Lee is following behind us talking to Terah about something serious although I can't hear.

Terah

"So Lee, where are we going?" I ask, the moment we start walking.

"To the rebel base, to talk to Skyler," he replied.

"Whose Shania ?" I ask.

"It's Skyler not Shania, and you will find out when we get there, okay," he says annoyed for some reason.

"What's wrong with you?" I question him, it was obvious something was bothering him.

"I'm just anxious to get these two to the base quickly before the moles get them, and I'm a bit disappointed," he tells me.

"What are you disappointed about?" I ask.

"It's just, from the time I joined up with the rebels they all spoke about how amazing Nova and Tate are, that they had so much love for each other as children and will be together for ever, how we all should be as brave and loving as them, when I met them yesterday, they acted as if they hated each other and Tate thinks his name is Reece for some reason, it's like everything I was told about them was a lie," Lee says.

"I'm sorry, but Nova 'as never really been the most loving person towards people she doesn't know, and she doesn't know Tate or Reece or whatever the 'ell 'is name is that much so don't expect much from 'er," I tell him.

We walk in silence for a few minutes then suddenly I remember something, "What 'bout Beck and Jane!?"

Lee looks at me and frowns, "Um... I need to tell you something."