ch-10

Edward and Harry stood in front of the fountain as Jenny, Gracial and Penney walked up to them.

"Can't you at least get early on such an important day?" Edward asked.

"Mind your own business." Jenny grumbled.

"Where is Teon?" Gracial asked.

"Late. I wonder if he overslept too." Edward answered.

As soon as he said that Teon walked up to them causing Harry to jump.

"Are you a ghost⁉" Harry cried.

"Dramaqueen." Penney muttered and Harry looked like he was going to make a comeback but Teon interrupted

"Well I just heard that you are going to have a one-on-one duel."

"A duel with a senior⁉ That's so unfair!!." Harry said.

"That would mean you will not be fighting with me on your side." Edward pointed out.

That did the trick to Harry.
"And they might not fight me with murder or revenge on there mind!!" Harry replied in relief.

"Just follow me to the dueling center." Teon said leading them on.

Jenny thought about the duel as she walked. Could she win? She had to be realistic the chances were slim but if she tried her hardest she might just do it.

They neared the area near the training ground but unlike before took a completely different route and ended up in front of a....stadium.

That was the only word Jenny could think of by looking at it. With a massive stage in middle of it and rows of seats all around it forming a circle. It reminded Jenny of the stadium where she had first seen a duel. The seats were also full brimming with students and teachers which stood near the stage.

Teon led them to stand on one side as the students saw them and started pointing towards them.

By the time they were standing on one side of the stage every eye had noticed them. They seemed excited and eager.

Harry and Penney looked pale and seemed desperate to be gone. Gracial was trying to compose herself but even she looked nervous.

Jenny masked her face not letting any expression show while Edward grinned and waved at those in audience.

"Now finally the top five first years have arrived." A voice boomed from somewhere above.
"I see them and they don't seem to be glad to be here!!"

That caused some laugh among the students.

"Well the referee, our own dear teacher Mrs.Panetta is calling the leader of each team at the stage. There comes Marcus Phillips from the right side while there comes .........er Edman, no no, Edward from the other."

Jenny felt irritated that the announcer hadn't even bothered to remember there names and tried to tune him out and focus more on the stage.

Marcus and Edward stood opposite to each other with a young and a little excited teacher in middle of them.

Mrs.Panetta held a blue crystal to make her voice loud and spoke through it.

"There will be five duels and you can choose which one you want to send in. The rules for the duel are the basic. The one to get out of bounds or surrender looses. Whom will you send first Markus?"

Mrs.Panetta said facing towards Markus but before Markus could reply Edward stepped up and easily took the crystal out of the teacher's hand.

There were gasps from all around the stadium. It was quite rude and far too arrogant behavior from a first year.

"Before we begin I would like to ask for some small changes." Edward said to her.

Mrs.Panetta looked uncertain and glanced back towards a stand where four old people sat. The oldest man stoop up and held a blue crystal.

"What changes do you speak of ?"

"Nothing major just a small replacement. I want two of my teammates to face against a senior of my choosing while I face the top two seniors alone."

Jenny was suprised by this and looked at the others but they all wore suprised looked meaning that Edward hadn't talked to them about it beforehand either.

The audience laughed while some grumbled about how arrogant the first year punk was being. But they all agreed on one thing. The guy seemed like a total clown. The old man frowned lightly and looked around at his other three companions.

"You want to face the top two seniors alone?" The old man asked for confirmation.

"Yeah,If you agree on that other condition of mine." Edward replied. The old man looked around him and jenny saw a familiar face. Linda the old lady,also the vice principal, who had given her punishment on her first day. She was too far too clearly see but Jenny thought she saw Linda mockingly laugh before saying something to the old man who was standing. The old man shrugged in return and slightly shook his head.

"Well that can be arranged." He said before sitting down on his chair.

Markus glared daggers at Edward as he turned towards him.
"You are going to regret looking down on me."

Edward ignored the remark.
"How about a bet?" Edward said with a smirk.

Markus almost laughed.
"A bet⁉ why would I make one? You don't have anything to offer to me."

"Ohh, you are so wrong about that. I have something that everyman here will die to get his hands on. The one which will get you status, power and if you are smart you may end up in the royal family....... I present to you the little princess from the royal Alberto clan.....

Jenny Alberto."

All the voice died down and for a second it seemed like all was frozen and then the commotion began.

The student's reaction varied from disgusted to funny.Many of them shouted things at Edward while many stared at her.

Jenny's blood pumded in her ear and she struggled within the grasp of Gracial and Harry.

"Leave me!! I am going to kill that bastard!!!" Jenny screamed.

"You should calm down." Gracial replied.

"Markus won't agree with it." Harry added.

On stage Markus nodded.
"What do you want?"

"He has already agreed!!!" Jenny screamed at Harry.

"Jessica." Edward replied.

The place once again quited down but now when the silence broke it was diffrent than before.

The student seemed to be outraged. Many were throwing shoes or popcorns on Edward which luckily stopped fast as the teacher intervened. The announcer once again started his commentary.

"He has asked the impossible. Edward framton has asked for the school's idol and Markus sister Jessica Phillips."

Edward looked suprised them covered it up with an akward smile.
"I didn't knew she was your sister."

"So you are not asking for her anymore?"

"No.I still am." Edward replied.

Jenny heard a crash at the other end of the stage and found Jessica being held by a magic barrier as she used water as a cannon to break it down.

Markus looked at it then turned back to Edward.
"It's a bet then."

They sealed it with the handshake and turned there back on each other with the Mrs.Panetta standing akwardly and the whole body of students screaming at them.

*************************
Vote and comment if you liked the chapter.