ch-18

"Ah, you guys are finally here." Gracial said as Jenny and Edward took seats on the table.

Jessica,Penney and Harry stopped writing and looked up at them. Jenny sat in between Penney and Gracial and Edward sat on the other side next to Harry. Jessica sat at the head of the table.

"We were writing letter back to our family. You want some paper?" Gracial said offering some to Jenny.

"Edward?" Jessica said also offering some to him.

The looks Jessica got from everybody else at the table made her confused. Jenny tensed and looked cautiously at Edward to see how he would react.

"I don't have anyone to write to." Edward said dismissing the matter with a wave of his hand.

Jessica looked akward along with everyone else. It was sad to hear that from somebody but Jenny felt even sadder when Edward  dissmed it like it was an unimportant matter.

"Hey,would you guys like to do something fun?" He said wearing a silly grin.

"Your kind of Fun?" Jenny asked suspiciously.

"My kind?" Edward said confused.

"You know your kind. The crazy one." Jenny explained.

"Like provoking the top student in second year." Harry supplied.

"Yeah like dueling with the top two student in second year at the same time." Penney added.

"Betting a descendant of the major clan in exchange for the top student's sister." Jessica said.

"Applying us all for the 10 summer camp." Gracial finished.

"You guys are going in the 10 summer camp?!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Yeah. So are you." Edward replied.

Jessica looked thunderstuck and momentarily forgot how to speak.

"But those things were barely any fun. This one will be interesting" Edward assured with a smile which seemed to be fixed in his face.

"Are you trying to convince us or scare us away?" Harry asked.

"I don't care just listen to me. What I am going to tell you is a top secret." Edward said leaning forward on his table and continuing in a low whisper.

"As some of you may know this library here is the second greatest in the whole continent."

"I didn't know that." Jenny whispered also leaning forward on her table.

"Me neither." Gracial whispered.

"Oh, come on if this acdamey didn't had this library it wouldn't have been in top ten. This is almost common knowledge." Harry whispered back.

"You guys underestimate this academy too much. Do you even know how old this academy is?"

"440 years." Penney answered immediately.

"So what?if an academy is old it does not mean it is great." Jenny replied.

Edward looked unimpressed.
"Slow on the uptake aren't you. Four hundred years? Come on at Least you of all people should know what happened four hundred years ago."

"Formation of the five great clans." Jenny said mentally scolding herself for not realising that.

"And the end of the Blood era but this academy was built more than four hundred years ago so-" Gracial wondered aloud.

"It was built in the Blood era." Harry finished.

More than Four hundred years ago Elean was not as peaceful as it is now. War raged on the land, men killed,animals butchered,demons extinguished,it was known as the Blood era,but on that fated day four hundred years ago five clan United and the lands rejoiced as the war at last was stopped.

Every kid in Elean knew this story from the time he could learn to understand. Although nobody knew what war or wars were exactly taken place in Blood era it was well-known that it was since then that the five clan became the royal clan.

Jenny had learned from her home tutor who teached her the affairs of the Elean that Blood era was brutal and barbarian and all the things which were related to it were eveil but now it mystified her that how did such an academy was made in that era.

"You know what this means?" Edward whispered eagerly.

"I know that I am not going to the 10 summer camp with you." Jessica whispered heatedly joining the whispering.

"And how can you possibly go there? Only sixteen people from third and second year can enter." She continued.

"We won so the academy had to give us every possible resource we wanted and going to the 10 summer camp will increase our training hence it is a resource. Now shhhh." Edward said bringing a finger to his lips.

"In this school there are rumors about a certain sacred section in this library." Edward started.

"Ah, the one about there being powerful ancient spell books and all kinds of magic scrolls,right?" Penney whispered her voice containing hints of excitement.

Edward nodded which caused Jenny to sigh and shake her head at the stupidity. This was not gone unnoticed by Edward.

"You have something to say?"

"Just that it is a myth. And you are an idiot if you believe that is true." Jenny replied and this time Edward shook his head.

"Do you know where this academy is actually situated? No. We were teleported in this who knows what place because this academy didn't want to get there location out in the open for 'security reason'. They are obviously trying to protect something here but what? Obviously not this old buildings. Now in this Maguire academy lies the second biggest library where there are wards which do not allow anyone other than the students to enter. They are so obviously hiding something in this library. Come on,Open your eyes, Guys!"

Edward finished seriously before breaking into a grin.
"Hey that rhymes."

Nobody paid any attention to the rhyming. They were all lost in thought much like Jenny. Jenny couldn't entirely deny the fact that Edward was completely wrong. The teleportation thing and the library rules had made her a little suspicious.

"Why does anybody except students being allowed in the library connect to there being a sacred section in the library?" Harry asked.

"Because if a grown person is allowed anywhere near the sacred section the chances of him stealing those legendary books are high." Penney explained speaking slowly as if explaining to a child.

"If there was such an amazing section why didn't anybody else take it or why is it even in this library? Gracial asked as Harry scowled at Penney.

"Because of the will." Edward,Jessica and Penney replied at the same time.

Jessica's eyes darted back and forth from Edward to Penney in confusion.

"Why do you ..... ugh never mind. There is a will from the ancestors  who made this academy. It given from genneration to genneration to the headmaster. The will states that all the books present in the library are stored for the students. That will also uses strong magic that binds the headmaster,the only adult who can enter the library, to not to touch any books in here and also to protect them from any outsiders." Jessica explained.

"The ancestors must be nice." Gracial said leaning back on her chair.

"Not all of them." Edward said softly.

"Why are you so interested in all those legendary books and the sacred section anyway?" Jenny asked hopping it was not the idea that she was dreading.
But then of course when had anything gone the way she wanted?

"Nothing much. I just want to steal those books."