ch-20

"So is it the right book?" Harry asked. They sat in a circle at their home since Edward didn't want to stick around the library anymore. He now sat on the chair in the dining room his eyes skimming along the pages of the book.

"Yup,it is." Edward said not taking his eyes off the book. Jenny patted Penney on her back and praised her.

"It was nothing really. You just had to find the pattern in which the books were kept and then you could easily find it." Penney said casually but at the same time looking slightly proud.

"The books in the library are kept in a pattern? I have never heard of that. What kind of pattern are they kept in?" Jessica asked with obvious surprise.

"You know,the old the pattern of kensai mana circle,where the main inscription are kept in the middle of the right half, and newer inscriptions are added around it between a long period of time. So I figured there must be where they would keep the book." Penney explained.

Everybody looked dumbfounded by her words even Edward looked a little impressed.

"Looking through the pattern in less than half a day. That's really amazing." Jenny said with a smile.

"I-it's nothing.I just read a lot of books." Penney muttered going red in the face.

"Oh,so you are a bookworm. That sure suits you." Harry said with a chuckle.

"What do you mean it suits me? Do I look like a bookworm to you?!" Penney glared daggers at Harry whose laughter ended abruptly.

"Hush!you two." Edward muttered flipping through the pages of the book. Then he opened the book to the middle page and then tore the book in two equal peice.

"What are you doing?!" Jenny exclaimed.

"Why would you do that?!!" Penney cried looking horrified.

"Hush!" Edward replied then he tore out all the gates of the book and kept them on the table and toosed the old cover of the book away and began arranging the pages on the table and before long the rectangular table was fully covered by the pages.

"Runes!" Jenny muttered under her breathe as she saw the strange alphabets on the paper. Each paper had one alphabetic rune and now when Edward had arranged them like this the runes formed a strange round sentences. Edward lightly crased the papers and suddenly the alphabets started glowing and the paper started merging together.

Strangest runes swirled everywhere on the paper moving in incredible speed until they gradually dissolved to show a map appear.

Shocked,was not enough to define how everybody was feeling. Jenny in fact was so suprised that she couldn't close her mouth or tear her eyes away from the map.

"Whew!" Edward breathed out before smilling a mischievous smile that send shivers down Jenny's back.

"How?..what was ? ..why?" Jenny was at loos at what to say.

"Ok,we are stealing tonight." Edward declared rolling the map.

"Wait!wait!wait! Are you really going to steal from the academy?" Jessica asked.

"That's what I have been saying the entire time." Edward said rolling his eyes.

"Well I didn't believe you then. And don't you think it is heartless to steal from the place that's been taking care of you?" Jessica said and Jenny nodded.

"Hey,if we don't take that treasure I can guarantee you that nobody else will be able to. All that is just rotting away in that library. It will be a waste not to take it." Edward pointed out.

"But stealing is wrong!" Jenny disagreed.

Edward shrugged to show that he couldn't care less.
"Come on think about this. You probably only have this one chance of getting your hands on these amazing things,don't you get it? If you let this opportunity go then I am pretty sure you will regret it for the rest of your life."

That was true and Jenny could almost see the glint of an adventurous light in the others eyes.

"Yeah that's right but will it be dangerous? I don't like dangers."Harry spoke nervously.

"Now that's one thing I never thought I would hear a Harland say." Jessica commented dryly. Penney laughed aloud but her laugh died down when she saw Harry's face. All the trace of worship and shyness he had when previously looking at Jessica had vanished instantly leaving a pair of angry eyes.

"Well,clearly you don't know much about Harlands." Harry growled before stomping away to his room on the above floor but not before he threw a dirty look at Penney who lowered her head.

"It was a joke." Jessica muttered under her breathe looking a bit guilty. Jenny was a liitle puzzeled by Harry's behaviour although she could guess to some parts. The Harlands were most popularly known for their savage and barbaric behavior. They were a marital clan which made business through sending there clan members out to war. Their millatry strength was strong enough to make them well known. But as majestic as they sound they were a kind of a joke to all the noble folk. To noble folk they were no diffrent than a savage ,bloodthirsty,and although strong but still,dogs.

She hadn't heard much in detail about them but she had heard from her servants once that their was a particular clan who was especially critical against them for some reason. It was partly due to them that their name had been dragged through mud.

Jenny had always thought that the people of that clan would be extremely bloodthirsty and quick to anger but seeing as how Harry seemed completely different she had her doubts now.

"Well he will come tonight but I would rather like if nobody made those kind of jokes." Edward said while looking at Penney and Jessica who's face burned with guilt.

"Ok,we will meet here at midnight so until then I advised you to catch your sleep." Edward said before disappearing up the stairs.

"That guy is super fishy." Jessica comented when Edward had left.

"Yeah but if we really get some treasure from that map,he would be like a godsend angel for me." Gracial said her eyes sparkling. Coming from a small clan she had dreamt of finding some treasure to help her family but never had she thought that a opportunity like this will present itself to her.

"Say what you will but he will always be the annoying devil to me." Jenny replied.