Night # 203 Video Fright

This next chilling tale is about videos that seem to be all wrong.

I was going through some of my things when I found videos of my family that I had forgotten about. I began to smile as I saw my grandparents smiling for the video. My smile quickly faded as I noticed something wrong about the picture. The look on their faces turned very grim all of a sudden. I did not remember them ever being that way in any of the videos taken.

I continued watching the video to see what would happen. My parents came onto the screen with that same grim look on their faces. I could not stand to see the video any longer so I turned it off and decided to go to sleep. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and screamed as I saw my grandmother in the mirror with that grim look on her face. What was happening to me?

I tried my best to brush my teeth without looking in the mirror and turned the light off when I was done. I closed my eyes hoping that a good night sleep would do me some good. I started to doze off picturing their smiling faces. I was in the backyard with them barbecuing and it was wonderful. Suddenly, the skies turned black and the wind began to gust. I looked over at my family and they all looked like skeletons. I ran into the house to get out of the impending storm when my phone began to ring.

"Why did you not help us?" I hung the phone up. I walked into the living room where they were all sitting on the sofa. They stood up walking slowly toward me and I woke myself up. I was breathing heavily as I thought about the awful nightmare. I looked at my table next to my bed to get the glass of water I had left there only it wasn't there. In its place was a handwritten note. "You need to watch the video now." 

I went downstairs to get the video and put it in to watch. It was a beautiful day and we were outside barbecuing. My family was all there and we were having a wonderful time. It started to get dark all of a sudden and the wind started to blow out of nowhere. My family started running inside to escape the storm but I stayed outside. As I stood there the winds started to rotate and before my very eyes, the house was picked off of the ground and tossed around like a doll.

I must have passed out because the next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed. I was told that my entire family had died in the storm. It took me a long time to get over it. I was finally moving on with my life. The phone rang and startled me as I watched the video and recalled what happened that day. "You should have been with us." I ran into my bedroom and locked the door. I could not understand why my family was doing this to me. 

I heard something from within my closet and it did not sound like anyone from my family. "We are not your family. You cheated us and now we are here to make sure you pay up." The closet door swung open and I ran for my life as I saw them step out. "We each took one of your family members but now we must all take you." I was running down the stairs when they appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me with their skeletal hands. They took me into the closet where a portal appeared and went through it. 

I do not know where they have taken me but I hear my family in the distance. All I know is this. It is scary.