Night # 212 It Only Gets Worse

My chilling tale continues with what happened later that night.

My parents nor I could fathom staying in that house after what happened so they told me to grab a few things and we would go to a motel for the rest of the night. The police said if they had any new information they would contact us. We quickly packed up and after my parents booked a room online we headed out the door.

Within a few minutes, we arrived at the motel and unpacked our things in the room. We knew it would be hard to sleep after what we had all experienced but we were all exhausted. As I tried to fall asleep I began to hear scratching noises all along the wall to the next room. I shuddered as I thought about what happened to my friend. Did it follow us? 

My parents and I jumped out of bed as we heard the man in the next room scream. Before we could do anything the wall moved closer to us. Whatever was going on in the next room was horrifying. We all huddled in the corner of the room together afraid to make even a sound as we listened to the final screams. 

Ten minutes later we heard the sirens. There were a lot of them. Apparently, whoever had called them made it clear it was a dire situation. When we were cleared out of the room the police found out who we were and they told us to come into the station with them. One look at the room next door told them that the two cases were connected.

When we arrived at the station they took all three of us to a private room. It took the officer a minute to compose himself. He told us that he had never seen a crime scene like this one. He brought a little bag into the room and showed it to us. He stated that while there was not much left to collect from the scene they had found something rather strange.

I almost passed out when I saw it. There in the bag covered in blood was the ring my grandmother had left me. We knew now why they had said the cases were definitely connected. I noticed that even the officer stated that when my friend had been killed that it must have taken it when it was at my house. We were scared out of our minds as we asked the officer, Where can we go that will be safe?

I know you want to know more but I must rest before I tell you more. I hope that once I have told you everything you will be able to help me stop it. Until then there are three words I leave you with. Please be watchful.

To Be Continued...