Night # 210 Don't Wake The Baby

This next chilling tale is about a message left for a couple just moving into a new home.

My husband and I had put our baby down for the night in our new home. I wanted to check on her before going to bed so I went into her room. I ran down the hallway to get my husband after seeing a note taped to the door of her room. In big red letters was the message, "Don't Wake the Baby." I asked my husband if he had put the note there as a joke and I could tell by the way he responded that he had not.

My husband insisted on checking the entire house before we went to bed to make sure no one had broken in. After searching thoroughly, he said that the house was clear. We went to bed making sure that the baby monitor was on and that it was working. We could hear her breathing and she was sleeping peacefully so we went to sleep. 

My husband and I were awakened at midnight by the sound of someone speaking. The voice was very raspy. "You better not wake the baby." My husband and I were in shock. We jumped out of bed and went to her room to see who was in there with her. When we opened her door there was no one there. We were panicking and her eyes opened instantly as she heard me bump into her crib.

I picked her up to console her with my husband's help. We took her back to our room for the night. We laid down with her between us and just as we were about to fall back asleep we heard a raspy voice once again only this time it was coming from our closet. "You should not have woken the baby." 

I started to scream as I saw something reaching over my husband's shoulder and before either one of us could do anything it took the baby from between us. We tried to fight it for the baby but we couldn't. It took the baby into the closet and shut the door. We tried to open the door but it was locked. My husband tried to break the door down but it would not budge. We called the police knowing we needed help.

We walked back over to the closet door to try again and it opened without any problem. There was nothing in the closet. We asked one another, "Where did he go with our baby?" We cried and held each other until the police arrived. The whole time they were questioning us they were acting rather odd. They did not even check the closet for signs of the baby.

They left telling us they would investigate the matter and get back to us.

Back at the station, it was becoming quite clear why the officers had not checked the closet. Apparently, the couple had moved several times and each time they had made the exact same call. After investigating officers had discovered that the couple had never even had a baby.