Night # 207 Breaking The Ice

This next chilling tale is about a blind date that turns very strange.

I had talked to her online for a few weeks and she asked me if I would like to come over to her house for dinner. I really shared a lot in common with her so I thought it would be great to finally meet and see where things went.

I arrived at her house that very same night with a dozen roses. She thanked me and took me into the kitchen where she had a wonderful meal prepared. She lit some candles and we ate by candlelight. I really was impressed with her. She was beautiful, had a wonderful personality, and she could definitely cook. 

We were having a delightful conversation until I asked her what she did for a living. That is when the conversation got a little creepy. She told me that she worked as a mortician. It wasn't her occupation that made it so creepy. It was the way she went into detail as I tried to enjoy the meal she had prepared. It only got worse as the night wore on. 

After an hour, I made the excuse that I had to get up early to go to work but before I left she insisted on showing me something on her computer. I told myself just to entertain her for a little bit longer and then I would never have to see her again. She took me to her laptop where she had an article on the screen. She asked me to read it. I did as she asked and I put the pieces together. 

The news article was about a serial killer who was posing as a mortician. It stated that it was a beautiful young lady meeting single men online. Every time they got close to catching the young female she seemed to vanish. I looked around to discover she had quietly left the room as I tried to process what I had just learned. I looked straight at the door knowing I had to get out quick. I turned the knob to run out of the house when something came down on my head.

She had set a trap for me knowing I was going to try to run out to my car first thing. When I regained consciousness I heard her typing on her computer. I was strapped to a table in front of her computer. She made me watch as she began talking to her next victim. I knew that soon I would be dead and someone else would be coming to dinner.