Night # 208 Cards Of Terror

This next chilling tale is about a couple of teenagers finding some interesting cards at a Flea Market.

My friend and I were at the Flea Market shopping around when we spotted an unusual box of cards. They were guaranteed to tell your future in a whole new way. I asked my friend about buying the cards to try and he agreed that they would be interesting. 

We decided to wait until dark to look at the cards. That would make it a little bit scarier. When it was completely dark outside we turned the lights off and used a flashlight to read the cards. We flipped a coin to see who would go first. I would have the honor of looking at the first card.

I flipped the card over and read it. "You will see something scary tonight." I read it aloud and my friend just laughed. I turned the card back over to put it back in the box when something caught my eye. A picture was forming on the card and it was a picture of me with a frightened look on my face as if I had just seen a ghost. I showed my friend the card and he was shocked. 

My friend could not wait to see what his first card said. He flipped it over to read it. "You will watch your friend die tonight." He shuddered as he turned the card over and sure enough a picture was forming before his very eyes. He was standing next to my body covered in blood screaming.

We turned the lights on immediately. We did not know who came up with this card game but we knew we did not want to play it anymore. I took the cards out to the trash can and threw them in it. When I was coming back to the house it began to storm. I quickly got inside and locked the doors.

I asked my friend if he wanted to watch a movie and he said that he did but it could not be a scary movie. Normally, I would love to watch a scary movie but I had to agree that I was already scared enough. I put in a comedy and went into the kitchen to get us some drinks and popcorn. I took a tray out of my cabinet when I noticed a card laying on it. Hesitantly, I picked it up to see what it had on it. "Something scary is behind you."

I shook as I went to turn around. The power went out and the lightning illuminated the creature standing there. I screamed as he touched my shoulder. My friend heard me from the living room and came running. My friend stood there in shock as the creature tore into me. He started to walk towards my friend as I took my last breaths. 

He held a card out in front of my friend. "You will run as your friend is dying but he will catch you." He turned the card over to show a picture forming. It showed my friend running a few steps and the creature latching onto him from behind. Like it was fate, my friend took off running even though he knew he would never make it. 

The creature left the house once he was finished with his chores. Outside of the house was the man who sold them the card game. "Good job, my little friend! Are you ready for an even bigger task? The next day the man stood at his booth waiting patiently for the crowd of students that he knew would take the bait. His friend was going to have loads of fun with this one.