xix - Druid Business

The two teenagers fell out of the portal, landing on cold hard stone. Anne quickly stood up, scanning her surroundings in a panic. She cupped her hands around her mouth. "FRIPP!"

Darken was still lying on the ground, barely conscious. All he could hear was the faint sound of Anne's voice. He felt his body start to relax as gravity pulled his arms down on either side of him.

He immediately recognized the feeling on his fingers. Was this a dream?

Anne continued to yell in a desperate manner with tears in her eyes. Her voice faded. "Please Fripp.."

Without warning, the purple squirrel-like creature hoped out of another purple portal. Darken was too weak to react to the animal.

Anne ran over to Fripp, wiping her tears as she jogged. "Fripp, we don't have much time." She looked over at the boy who was lying motionless.

Fripp studied the boy, taking in all his injuries. "Bring him closer."

Anne nodded, running over to him and wrapping her arm around his waist to help him.

Fripp watched as the boy rolled around, groaning loudly. He didn't want Darken to be in any more pain then what he already was in. "Wait." The creature held out it's paw.

Anne stopped, watching as Fripp closed his eyes. The creature's fur gradually started to brighten, tracing the symbols. He held out his small paws, a purple light gleaming in the palms. As Fripp opened his eyes, they were completely overlapped with a lavender color.

He slowly approached the wounded boy. All Darken could do was watch in awe. This all seemed all too fictional to say the least. He had never seen an animal perform such abilities.

But, before Darken could get a closer look, Fripp carefully placed his petite hands on him, causing everything to go black.

***

Compassing what had happened last night was difficult for the Druids to understand. Anne was still in shock from her violent act on Everett that night. What he had threatened was alarming and made her question the relationship she had with Darken. And how he would feel after he knew who is friends were.

The four Soul Riders sat in the stone circle wordlessly, eager to hear of what was to become of Darken Sands.

Alex continued to tear her finger nails, throwing them to the ground. "You're lucky he's alive." She mumbled.

Linda closed her eyes, silently hoping Alex wouldn't have opened her mouth.

"He wouldn't have killed him." Anne almost said to herself as she kept her eyes on her twiddling fingers.

Alex uncrossed her arms. "Oh really?"

"No."

"What makes you so sure, Anne?" Linda quizzed, intrigued by her response.

"He kept talking about how Dark Core wanted Elise and him. I'm assuming for more power." Anne's eyes didn't move from the ground.

Alex scoffed. "Yeah, well now we have a big problem."

"It's not her fault, Alex." Linda defended.

"You're right. It's Darken's." Alex stood up, walking towards the portal.

Lisa threw her head back with a groan. "And where exactly are you going?"

"Somewhere to think." Alex went through the portal, forbidding any of the girls to say another word.

It was obvious the tension was high, but Alex never seemed to be that bothered by Dark Core until recently. But, then again, no one had come this close to dying.