Chapter Two [Running Into You]

Long Beach, California March 23rd, 2018

March 23rd, 2018.

Savanna Thomas

"What do you mean there's nothing you can do?" Me and Malachi raised our voices at the same time.

I sighed and placed my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Thomas. Our next room won't be available until tomorrow afternoon."

"Man, What are we supposed to do?" I looked over at Malachi.

"I- I don't know, I can try another hotel." He said.

I sighed. "No, it's okay. I'll just leave." I said walking away from both of them. 

I heard Paul Walker try to apologize to Malachi as I walked away towards the elevator.

I pushed the button and waited for it to come, when it did, I stepped on it and pushed the button.

Malachi slipped through the doors and stood beside me.

"You don't have to leave." He said.

I snapped my head up at him. "What? What are you talking about?"

He shrugged and looked over at me. "You can stay in the room with me."

I laughed. "I don't know you, I'm not staying with someone I don't know."

He sighed. "It's almost midnight and you gon' go huntin' for a hotel?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, I am."

He sighed and nodded his head. "I mean, I guess."

I tucked my lips and nodded.

When the elevator arrived, I quickly got out of it, leaving him inside. He followed behind me to the room and I stuck the key in and opened the door.

He followed in behind me and closed the door.

I quickly picked up my bags and grabbed my phone off of the couch.

Yes, I have two phones.

He stood by the door and eyed me.

"Please stop staring at me." I mumbled walking over to the door.

"I told you, you can stay here. I'll leave." He said.

I shook my head. "No, thank you."

I stepped around him and opened the door and walked out of it.

"Be careful, it's crazy out here." He said behind me.

I looked back at him. "Thank you, I appreciate it."

He nodded and watched me walk to the elevator. I pushed the button and waited for it to be called. When it arrived I got inside of it. Walking out of the elevator, I left out of the hotel and got into my truck.