Chapter Four [Being Out With You]

Long Beach, California

March 26th, 2018.

Savanna Thomas

"Wait a minute," I laughed loudly. "You did what?"

I looked over at him.

After the movie, we both decided that we didn't want to go our separate ways. So we drove to Golden Shore, and sat by the rocks and just talked.

"I'm forreal, why you laughing?" He laughed.

"You did not steal no pack of pencils from Walmart." I stale faced him.

"On god I did!" He laughed. "They caught me and told me I was banned, that I couldn't come back."

I shook my head laughing. "Wow, a total bad ass over here."

He smacked his lips. "Stop playing."

I laughed loudly.

"You got a beautiful smile." He said looking over at me. "Anybody ever tell you that?"

I chewed my gummy bears slowly and looked at him.

"No, not really." I said honestly.

Emani told me I had a nice smile one time. When we first started dating, years ago.

"Well, Ima' tell you everyday." He said looking away from me.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." I said looking over at him.

I took in all his tattoos. I loved the Mugga on the right side of his face, above his eyebrow. It was sexy.

"So tell me," He turned to me. "What brought you out here to LA?"

I sighed and put my gummy bears in my purse.

"You want the truth? Or you want what's going through my head right now?" I asked.

"Uh," he scratched his head. "That shit hard."

I laughed. "I'll give you both."

He laughed and nodded his head.

"I left my boyfriend." I started. "I was tired of him constantly cheating on me, having me out here looking stupid, you know?"

He nodded.

"I met him when I was fifteen, he was the known dope boy in our neighborhood and I fell for his stupid ass." I said.

I could feel his eyes burning holes in my face.

"I ran away with him when I was sixteen, followed him wherever he wanted to go, held him down when he went away, I was so in love with him."

"What happened?" He asked softly.

I bit my bottom lip. "He would embarrass me constantly. Always had girls coming up to my job, calling my phone, coming by our house. The last straw was when one of them called my phone moaning in my ear."