Twenty Eight [Working on Me and You]

January 14th, 2020 Long Beach, California

January 14th, 2020
Long Beach, California

Savanna Thomas

"Angel tells me that you want it to be BIG." Mariah, our wedding planner said as she sat across from me and Angel.

I nodded. "I was never a fan of big weddings but over the past year I've been constantly looking and I've decided that I wanted one."

Yes, we were getting married.

After losing Levi, I needed a void to feel my heart from his missing presence and Angel was the mold to fit it. He's been there for everything. The late night panic attacks, the flashbacks, the separation anxiety and more.

Over the past two years I've fell in love with his personality, his integrity and his drive as a man and I needed that in my life. He's shown me what a man is, and I'm ready to lock him down.

When he first purposed, I was a little taken back. I said No. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be married at 22.

And of course, when I said No, it put a hold on our relationship and we eventually broke up but I realized that I couldn't do a lot of things without him.

I couldn't sleep if he wasn't next to me. I was used to him being here after he got off of work, And little things would pop up around the house reminding me of him and I couldn't take it.

I needed him.

When I thought I was the only one going through it, when I went to go to his house, he was standing on my porch. I knew right then and there that he was the one for me.

"I just want her to be able to say that she had the wedding of her dreams, you know?" He said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"You guys are a beautiful couple." Mariah said.

"Thank you." We both said.

"You're welcome," she smiled at us. "Okay, so I was thinking since you said you wanted to have the wedding in April- May, that we could do a spring theme."

I twisted my lips. "I'm not really a spring person, I'm more of a winter. Maybe a transition?"

She nodded. "Yeah, we can do that too!"

Angel smirked.

"I lowkey wanted to have the reception outside, if that's coo' wit' you baby?" He asked, looking over at me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to have it outside too."

She wrote down a few things. "Okay, would you guys like to have the ceremony outside, too?"

Me and Angel looked at each other.

"No."

"Yes."