Chapter Twenty Two [Remembering You]

August 28th, 2018 Long Beach, California

August 28th, 2018
Long Beach, California

Savanna Thomas 

I lifted my head, hearing a knock on the door.

"Go away." I mumbled.

Of course, whoever it was didn't leave. They kept knocking.

I sat up, pushing my blanket off of me and grabbing my IV and walking over to the door.

"I said I didn't want any visitors." I snapped opening the door.

My face fell flat, seeing Angel. The guy from the car wash.

"I didn't expect to see you again." He said, flashing his pearly whites.

My words got caught in my throat. I didn't expect to see him, especially like this.

"I- I- Me either." I stuttered.

I didn't expect to see anybody and damn sure didn't expect him to see me in the hospital. What was he even doing here?

"What are you doing here?"

He chuckled. "I work here."

I looked at him like, what?

"You're a doctor?"

"A nurse, actually."

I finally looked down at him, his black and red scrubs. Oh shit.

"Really? Then why were you at the car wash?" I asked confused.

He opened his mouth to say something but he looked down and his eyes got big.

"Let's get you back in the bed, okay?" I looked down, my stitches were bleeding.

I nodded and he placed his hand on my back as he walked me slowly over to the bed and helped me get inside.

I laid back and he started to put his gloves on.

"You don't mind if I take a look, do you?"

I shook my head.

He gently lifted the gown and seen that I was wrapped up in a tight bandage from the C-Section. He gently cut it down the middle and pulled it open.

"You just had a baby?" He asked, looking up at me as he cleaned my stitches.

I bit my bottom lip, feeling tears barge their way into my eyes. I started bawling.