Chapter Eleven [Talking To You]

Long Beach, California

April 12th, 2018.

Savanna Thomas

I sighed and sat up in my bed. One of those morning where I fucking miss Emani.

It was like he knew! I swear it was like he knew when to call me, what to say, and how to fucking say it.

But I couldn't help it. I loved this man. I gave everything to him.

I picked up my phone off of my nightstand and dialed his number.

He answered. "Hello?"

It sounded like he had just woke up. I loved hearing how raspy his voice got in the morning.

"Can you get a flight?" I asked.

I heard shuffling. "A flight? To where?" He asked. "Are you okay?"

I nodded as if he could see me. "I'm fine, I just miss you." I mumbled.

"I miss you too." He said softly. "Where are you?"

I bit my bottom lip.

I was basically inviting him to come out here, stay with me, and he was probably going to take that as we were getting back together.

"Long Beach, California."

"Nana, you went to fucking California?" He raised his voice.

I smacked my hand over my head. "Yes, yes I did. Are you going to come or not?"

I was tired of the back and forth. I wanted my man back and I didn't care about all that other shit right about now. Plus, I had been craving him ever since I left.

"Yeah, you gon' pick me up from the airport?" He asked.

"Yes, pack a lot of clothes. You're not going home anytime soon." I told him.

I could hear him smiling, believe it or not he wanted to be here.

"Aight, I'll be there." He said.

"Okay, call me when you land."

He hung up the phone.

I flopped back in the bed.

Zena was gone to the grocery store for me because I told her that we needed more groceries in here. I had a meeting with a owner of one of the apartment buildings I was looking at later on today and I was pretty excited about it.

It was a nice two bedroom, downtown near the beach. It was beautiful in the pictures online, so I'm hoping it was beautiful in person.

I didn't know how long Zena would be gone, so I pulled the covers over my body and went back to sleep.

When I woke up, I heard Zena walking through the suite on the phone. She must've been here for a while because she had her shoes off.