Chapter Thirteen [Growing For You]

Long Beach, California

April 14th, 2018

Savanna Thomas

"C'mon, Emani." I laughed pulling away from him.

He laughed and pulled me back. "Just one more, I promise."

I sighed and kissed his lips. "There."

"Okay, now we can go." He smiled and opened the door to my truck.

He helped me out and held my hand as we walked up to the apartment building.

We were looking at the apartment I had seen a few days ago. We were supposed to go the day he got here, but with our hormones raging, things got carried away.

"What number is it?" He asked holding my hand as we walked up the steps.

"Number three." I said.

He nodded and we walked to it. It was so beautiful. The outside had bushes and huge palm trees along the sidewalk.

It was a little odd though, it was the third house on the property so I wouldn't necessarily call it an apartment but- oh well.

When we finally reached the house, we stopped to look at it.

"Damn babe." Emani said looking around the back yard.

It was huge. The house and the backyard.

"It's beautiful, huh?" He nodded.

We walked towards the door but before I could open it, someone opened it.

My face flattened seeing Ms. Sonja in a pants suit.

"Hi! I'm Sonja, the owner." She smiled at Emani and me. "You must be Savanna."

I looked at her confused. Did she not know who I was?

I quickly snapped out of it. "That's me," I held my hand out for her to shake. "And this is my boyfriend, Emani."

"Ooh, very handsome." She laughed looking at both of us. "Let's see this house, c'mon."

Emani let her walk in front of him and I quickly pulled him closer to me.

"I know her." I mumbled looking around the living room.

He snapped his head towards me, I tucked my lips and looked away.

"The fuck? How?"

I quickly looked back at him with wide eyes. I shook my head and motioned for him to be quiet.

He mugged me.

"Okay," she turned around and faced us.

I damn near choked on my breath at how fast she turned around. Emani had this weird look on his face.

"This is the living room." She smiled.

After seeing the house, Ms. Sonja gave me her card and the application and I filled it out and gave it to her right away.

I couldn't take living in that hotel with Emani and Zena. They fought like cats and dogs and I couldn't take that shit anymore.

"You liked it?" I asked Emani as he helped me into my truck.

He nodded and closed the door. He was acting weird now, here it goes.

I eyed him as he got in the truck and he looked at me.

"What?" He chuckled.

"I know you," I squinted my eyes at him. "What's wrong with you? You've barely said a word since I told you I knew her."

He bit his bottom lip.

"How you know her? You been out here, what? Two weeks?"

I laughed loudly. "Emani, forreal?"

He stale faced me. I rolled my eyes.

"She's my friends mom." I said simply.

Even though me and Malachi aren't even friends, I didn't even know what we were. That's not the point though.

"What friend?"

I smacked my thighs and sighed.

"Emani, a friend. I can't have friends?" I asked loudly.

He shook his head and chuckled.

"Nana, just say it's a nigga."

"Fine, it's a nigga." I threw my hands up. "You wanna know his name too? It's Malachi."

I could feel his energy change. It's like a light switch.

For the rest of the day, he didn't speak another word to me. But did I care? No.

Just because Emani came back, and I took him back, doesn't mean that he's going to control my life. If I had a male friend, oh fucking well. I know right from wrong and I know when to stop shit.

He needs to get out his feelings. I'm not the cheater in this relationship.

After I got out of the shower, I walked into the room seeing him on his phone. He looked up at me, and the looked back down at his phone.

I shrugged and changed into a long t-shirt and a pair of boy shorts and got in bed. I turned off the lamp next to me causing the room to go black.

"I was using that."

"And I'm going to bed, oh well." I told him.

He sighed and got up and left out of the room.

Cry baby ass.

___________________

I wanted to get this out for you guys 😭. I'm a little behind sis, believe me. I know.

I've got a few ideas, few chapters being drawn up. I got y'all ! 😘

Don't forget to comment and vote babies!!