Chapter Forty One [Just doing me]

March 12th, 2020 Long Beach, California

March 12th, 2020
Long Beach, California

Savanna Thomas

Pulling up to Mariah's office, I parked my truck and got out. The wedding was 3 weeks away and I wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

"Hey Nancy." I greeted her receptionist.

"Hey Savanna!" She smiled. "Mariah just got back from her lunch, I'll tell her you're here."

I nodded. "Thank you."

"Of course." She got up and walked to the back.

I went to sit down in the waiting area and pulled out my phone.

To
baby: I hope you got your groomsmen ready

He replied right back.

From
Baby: me and my niggas stay ready. it's y'all we gotta worry about.

I laughed out loud and texted him back.

To
Baby: y'all are so unorganized it's crazy lmfao

"You can go back now, Savanna." Nancy said coming back to her desk.

I got up and walked over to the desk. "I like that red, sis." I pointed to her hair.

She touched her red finger waves and blushed. "Really? A lot of people don't like it."

I scoffed. "Girl, fuck them. You look good."

I gave her a high five and then walked into Mariah's office.

"Well look who it is, soon to be Mrs. Pierce." Mariah cheesed and Stood up when I walked into her office.

"No, look who it is!" I cheered seeing her. "I'm sorry I've been missing appointments. My school schedule and Angels work schedule don't really get along like that."

She waved me off and reached to give me a hug. "It's fine. I know you guys won't be busy after you get married."

I giggled. "Depends on what type of busy you're talking about."

She smacked my arm and laughed. "Y'all so nasty."

I shrugged. "He brings it out of me."

We both sat down and started talking about the rehearsal dinner.

"Okay, where is Zena going to sit? Do you know who her partner is?" I nodded.

"Zena's gonna sitting on my right and her partner is going to be Desmond." I told her.

She wrote that down on her floor plan.

"Okay and I seen that you added three new girls? Mila, Lauren, and Christina?" I nodded.