Part 31

As soon as Zeldris was past the twins, he dropped the plant gently on the ground, turned, and went back to fight. Shu'tar had already intercepted and was calmly explaining the situation to Meliodas. Apparently the general was capable of diplomacy, since Meliodas had stopped his pursuit and taken on his usual grin, but Zeldris still wasn't overly fond of how close his brother, the traitor, was to Chi and Mera.

Mera was tense, having seen Meliodas in Zeldris' memories, but he didn't seem to mean any harm. She steered her craft over to meet Zeldris, who had landed to set something down. Mera made room for Zeldris on her craft and he stepped onto it, wrapping his arms around her waist to steady himself. Mera made her way back over to the others. Chi was keeping an eye on Shu'tar and Shu'tar was keeping an eye on Meliodas.

"And so we'll be leaving shortly. I appreciate the help," Shu'tar said, "we'll return in a week or so to drop off our guests."

Meliodas nodded.

Ban joined the group late, but smirked at the sight of Zeldris hanging onto a red alien. The two alien women looked like twins. The one who didn't have Zeldris hanging onto her looked over at him with some degree of interest. The alien decided that Ban looked more interesting than the conversation going on between the general and the captain and she floated down on her flying machine to meet him. Her silver eyes locked with his red ones. No fear existed between either of them, but a sense of mutual distrust hung in the air.

"You're allied with Meliodas," Chi said.

"Yeah," Ban replied.

Chi extended her hand and Ban took it.

"Princess Chi, co-heiress of the Martian Empire."

"Ban. The Fox Sin of Greed."

"You're one of the Seven Deadly Sins... Like Escanor?"

"Yeah. You know Escanor?"

Chi chuckled, "I suspect I know him better than you do."

Chi came closer, not to flirt but to show the fearlessness and confidence of a warrior of her status. Ban matched her stance, a sly smile gracing his features.

"Is that so?" Ban challenged.

"It is."

"So you came from another planet?"

"Yes."

"You must have some pretty advanced technology."

"I wouldn't want to brag, but we are the technological superiors in this star system."

"What about your weapons?"

Chi shrugged.