KIRIBAKU WEEK #2- Scars

I meant to finish this and I fell asleep and just woke up (it's 4:00 am) and remembered so yeah we all know I'm a mess by now. Try your goddamn hardest to enjoy this chapter because Jesus Christ I'm triggered.

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
BLOOD
CUTTING
MENTION OF CUTTING
SELF DOUBT
IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY ANY OF THESE THINGS PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER I LOVE YOU ALL *KISS KISS* I'M SORRY

( ʖ̯ )
~Kirishima's POV~

I've been wearing long sleeves all summer. When someone asks why I just tell them I'm cold. I'd rather everyone think I was always sick than know I was cutting.

If they knew they'd tell me to stop and I don't deserve to stop.

I pulled my shirt over my head and kept my eyes away from the fresh scars on my wrists. The sound of the shower and the steam in the room clouded my eyes and cleared my head.

I did this to myself so now I have to look at it.

I forced my eyes back down on my scars and went over the usual routine as I stepped into the warm shower.

Twelve scars

Two for failing tests.
One for missing class.
Two for losing spars.
Two more for losing spars against Bakugo.
Five for falling in love.

I was crying by now, and this is about when I started counting the losses that weren't marked on my wrists.

I slid on my shorts and a long-sleeved sports shirt.

I sometimes wonder why I do this to myself, but it's really only because I deserve it. This wouldn't be happening if I was good enough.

If I was smart enough.
Strong enough.
Tough enough.

I started thinking about Bakugo and how I'd never be good enough for him. He'd have to be just as stupid as me to even consider someone like me.

He's damn near the top in the class, and definitely the strongest. He's got a great quirk, good looking, everything is going for him. He should give all that to someone who deserves him.

Twelve scars, why not one more? Couldn't hurt at this point.

I opened my cabinet and pulled out the same razor from last time. I yanked my sleeve up past my elbow and pressed the blade to my skin. My arm was marked up almost to the inside of my elbow. The tears started running down my face a lot faster since I knew what was coming to me, but I quickly wiped them away with the back of my hand.

I dragged the rusted blade across my forearm, mentally cursing myself and wincing at the pain. The blood immediately started spilling out as soon as the skin was opened. My arm hardened in reflex which made the blood stop temporarily.

I took the opportunity to head into my room and find bandages. After all, I wasn't done 'fixing' myself just yet...

My arm went back to normal when the initial pain subsided and I clenched my fist around the new wound which quickly became covered in blood.

I pushed open my bathroom door and headed to my bedroom drawers and stopped dead in my tracks.

"It's about time you came out of that damn sho—Kirishima what the fuck happened to your arm?" Bakugo said.

He was supposed to help me study today... I left the door unlocked.

I felt tears burning at the corners of my eyes again as Bakugo rushed up to me with worry flooding his face.