j. peace

luna;

     when i was younger, my dad always told me that life is the art of drawing without an eraser. and in this moment i had nothing to erase, i was proud of who i was becoming.

"that looks hella hot," andre told me when i walked out of the dressing room in a long silver dress with a slit on both sides.

"oh fuck yes queen," vivian commented as she finally gave in to my presence in their small but fun friend group.

i smiled, twirling and showing them some much practised model poses then andre went to try on a suit and he was back, pretending to be my date.

viv was taking photos telling us how good we looked and soon enough she was in a dress herself and we were all taking pics and running around the store as we tried everything in sight.

and i was having fun with someone other than grayson and it felt good. i didn't have to hide or be cautious of being caught because these guys were my friends and everyone at school knew that. there was nothing to hide.

"um, excuse me." one of the workers in the store had somehow only now noticed that we were disrupting the normal functioning of the store and was now trying to kick us out.

we decided to leave after disturbing the worker for a while then giving them a small tip because we felt bad.

vivian had somehow stole a whole ass dress that was $100 and was now flexing it on us as she smiled widely.

"she's always like this," andre told me as if warning me in advance and for the rest of the day, i got to see this new fun vivian who wasn't shy nor afraid of anything at all.

and i remembered my dad and how he  always told me to cherish the people who make me happy.

in that second, his memory wasn't filled with hatred but admiration for the man he had pretended to be. but i was back to hating him ofcourse.

"i'm gonna take my horse to the old town road, ridee 'till i can't no more."

the windows were down and andre was driving at full speed and it felt like the day i was coming back to long valley except i wasn't sad or mad, i was fucking thrilled. 

"anyone down for a roadtrip?" viv asked and no one objected.

so when the passed the sign that read long valley, i was back in peace.

i love this new friendship
& I'm about to make you love it too