Sixty-Seven

Phillip's POV

Chapter 67

***

"So, you found a way to get to the ball," the voice snarled, echoing through the clearing. The fire had gone out in the pouring rain. "Met the prince. Used trickery and magic spells to entice him into falling in love with you."

Ella gasped and shook her head.

I grabbed her hand and stepped between her and where I thought the voice was coming from. "Who are you?"

"Who am I?" The voice became smooth and oily. "Who am I? You mean you don't know? Haven't guessed yet?"

"It's Black," Ella whispered with certainty, shivering. Her blue eyes were filled with fear. "That voice..." she breathed. "It's so familiar."

My head spun. But I thought Black was dead.....

"Oh, you've guessed," the voice hissed. "How nice for you. It's too bad your cleverness won't do you any good."

Ella's eyes hardened, becoming defiant. "You've already lost. There's nothing left for you, Black. You're running out of allies."

Suddenly smooth and low and silky, the voice changed. "Now, Ella, is that any way to talk to your father?"

At that moment, a black-shrouded figure stepped out of the trees, and his dark hood fell back to reveal his face.

Ella stared for a moment, stepping forward, then turning stark pale as her blue eyes flooded with recognition.

"Dad?"

BOOOM

I JUST BLEW ALLLL YOUR MINDS