02 | Pleaser

▷ Pleaser - Wallows

Pleaser - Wallows

«If only I could please her»

___

October 1st

RUBY GILLIS has decided she likes Gilbert Blythe. It's not the kind of intense crush, but he's hot, he's kind, he's smart and he's single, so, why not? She's always been a hopeless romantic and Gilbert could be the perfect choice for her high school romance.

She just hopes the attraction is mutual.

As for Gilbert, he is surely enjoying the girl's attention. Ruby's been all over him for a week now, but he doesn't want her to get the wrong impression. She's cute and all, but definitely not his type. Maybe he could just make out with her, just for fun, but Ruby seems nice and a bit too... innocent? She would certainly catch feelings.

Talking about Ruby, she is approaching his locker. It's Friday and Gilbert Blythe has survived his first week at his new high school. "Gilbert, hey!" the girl greets him cheerfully. "Hi, Ruby" he replies, shotting her a casual smile.

"You forgot your notebook in class!" she says handing him a blue notebook. "Oh, yeah" he says. "Thanks, Rubs, you're a lifesaver". She smiles warmly at him, touching the boy's arm, trying to get all flirty. It works with other guys. "See you on Monday?"

"Yeah, have a good weekend" he says as he watches the blonde girl leave the building. He keeps fixing his locker when he notices somebody else's presence beside him.

"Hey"

"Hi?" he turns around to face a brunette boy. He is wearing an oversized Star Wars T-shirt that makes him look even skinnier and his hair looks messy, as if he has just woken up. "Need anything?"

Out of all the people that want to talk to him, no one is cool girl — the redhead he met about a two weeks ago, named Anne Shirley. She is the only one that's been ignoring him, something that is quite odd, considering that Gilbert Blythe is quite the attention catcher.

That girl was definetely something else.

She could be a challenge.

"Uh, no, well, yes?" the boy says. Gilbert knows him from English and History. He's the French boy. "I'm Jerry, we-we have a few classes together"

"Gilbert" he says, closing his locker and leaning his back against it, focusing now all his attention on the other boy. Jerry has every sign of nervousness all over his body: sweaty hands, eyes locked on the floor and some nonsensical mumbling is leaving his lips.