06 | Somebody else

▷ Somebody else - The 1975

Somebody else - The 1975

«I hate to think about you with somebody else»
___

December 18th

CHARLIE SLOANE is excited. He is coming back home for Christmas break, but his girlfriend does not know a single thing about it. Only Diana Barry and Ruby Gillis know. So when he parks his car in front ot Avonlea's highschool and waits for his girl to leave the building, he thinks about how much he has missed her.

"I can't believe it's Christmas break already" Anne says, leaving her last class of the day. "Time surely does fly!"

Putting everything into perspective, it's actually been two long months: parties, exams, projects and movie nights. Two months of her and Gilbert Blythe being friends, two months since she met Fred Wright — who disappeared after the karaoke night, by the way. Sometimes she wonders if she'll ever see him again, although Diana's the one that's been asking about him once or twice a week. But the boy seems to have been vanished from existence.

"It does, yeah" Diana says. "Any special plans for Christmas?"

"Not really, you know, Charlie's not coming home for Christmas so I guess I'll just stay home and all" Anne walks out of school, Diana to her left and Josie to her right. The rest of her friends — including Gilbert, are a few steps behind them.

Gilbert Blythe is trying to explain their latest History lesson to Moody, although he appears to be distracted by a cascade of red hair walking before him. He can't understand how picturesque she looks with her vibrant red hair and a landscape of snow that's covered Avonlea this winter, as per usual.

"Are you sure about that?" Diana points to the parking lot with a movement of her head.

"Charlie?!"

Brown curls, slim figure and the happiest grin plastered on his face — there he is. The redhead runs to her boyfriend's arms.

A curly-haired boy watches from the distance. "So, this is the infamous Charlie Sloane" he mutters to Ruby Gillis, who is standing right beside him, watching the scene with heart eyes; the girl loves romance more than anything in this world.

Gilbert can't even hate or dislike Charlie. He actually seems like a cool guy. He is hugging Anne, kissing every freckle on her face, and oh, how he wishes that was him.

He tries to shake that thought off his mind. He can't like her. He doesn't like Anne.

I don't want your body
But I hate to think about you with somebody else