16 | Every little thing

▷ Every little thing she does is magic - The Police

Every little thing she does is magic - The Police

«Every time that I come near her
I just lose my nerve»

___

SEBASTIAN LACROIX spots Gilbert Blythe doing his homework on the kitchen table. It's Sunday morning, and Gilbert's usual companion, Fred Wright, is nowhere to be seen. The older man can hear the tapping of Gilbert's pencil against the paper of the notebook as he tries to think of the answer of what he presumes must be a challenging mathematical equation.

As for Gilbert, he hasn't stopped thinking about Anne. He can't stop thinking what got her so mad, so angry and so broken at the same time. He wishes she could understood. Instead, he chooses to focus on Maths — they're simpler than the redhead's brain, that's for sure.

"Where's Fred?" Sebastian asks, groggily moving around the tiny and cluttered kitchen. After startling the boy with his entrance, he proceeds to fix himself a good cup of coffee.

"Out with Diana" Gilbert replies, writing down the answer to an equation. Sebastian offers him a cup and the boy thanks him with a nod before sipping caffeine straight out of the mug, the scent of fresh boiling coffee invading his nostrils.

"I see, Freddie-boy has a girlfriend!"

"Yup"

Gilbert doesn't want to talk. Mostly because he knows where this conversation is leading to and also because he's annoyed — Anne's somehow managed to affect his mood and now he's feeling both anxious and irritated.

"So, Anne seems like a really nice girl"

I knew it. I fucking knew it.

"Yeah, she is" Gilbert keeps his eyes on his notebook. He really doesn't want to talk about Anne now, especially since what happened at Fred's party two days ago. They haven't really talked — they just texted yesterday and he decided to leave her on read. Maybe she needs space to process whatever's going on with her.

"Is there anything going on between you two?" Bash asks cautiously. His deep brown eyes are filled with curiosity and his lips are curved up into a teasing smile.

Gilbert looks up to him. He's taken his usual seat in the kitchen table, right in front of him. The boy takes his time to answer — Is there anything going on between us? I thought it was. But I guess not.

"No, she's in love with someone else"

His own words put him through both emotional and almost physical pain. But he believes that saying that out loud will make him accept it sooner — she'll never be mine and I better get used to the idea.