12 | Asleep

▷ Asleep - The Smiths

Asleep - The Smiths

«Sing me to sleep, I don't wanna be alone»

___

[DON'T PLAY THE SONG YET]

April 10th

MOODY SPURGEON is freaking out. He should've known that inviting the guys over a Saturday night would bring nothing but trouble. Billy accidentally broke the toilet's cistern and poor Moody's sure his mom is going to kill him as soon as she comes back from her weekend trip to Charlottetown.

Three figures are standing in the hall. Moody, completely paranoid and hysterical; Billy, worried but trying to look unbothered. The third figure, Fred Wright, is trying not to laugh.

"Fred!" Moody hisses. "If hear one of your snickers one more time I swear to god I'll kill you!"

"Fine" Fred shrugs. "Then you'll have one more thing to clean — my corpse"

"Daaaaamn!" Billy raises his hand for a high five for Fred.

Here's the situation: Gilbert Blythe is drunk. Very drunk. Yup, the night's definitely gone out of control. Gilbert knows the effects of alcohol. Of course he does! He's a doctor — almost. But Billy brought too many beer cans and... well, this happened.

"Well, what should we do? We can't call his dad" Moody asks. He's in the depths of despair, completely. "And Jerry's not answering his phone"

"He needs to throw up or something like that" Billy says, running a hand through his blond hair. "I read that somewhere"

"I say we call Anne" Fred suggests. "She'll know how to handle this"

"Anne, why Anne?" Moody Spurgeon might be the only person in class, maybe in Avonlea, that hasn't noticed a single thing going on between Gilbert and Anne.

"Just call her" Fred tells the blond boy. With that, Billy takes his phone out of his pocket and looks for a phone number in his contact list.

___

"Where is he?"

Anne had managed to fall asleep when an incoming phone call awoke her. It was Billy Andrews, saying there was something hers to pick up at Moody's. "Cut the crap, Andrews, tell me what's going on" she told him with the sleepiest of voices. When Billy told her Gilbert needed her help, she got out of bed and put some leggings and a hoodie as quickly as she could, hoping she didn't wake Marilla up.

After a twenty minute walk under the moonlight, she gets to Moody's. The three boys just point to the living room, scared of Anne's reaction. "How bad is it?"