09 | My kind of woman

▷ My kind of woman - Mac Demarco

My kind of woman - Mac Demarco

«Begging you please, baby,
show me your world»
___

[DONT PLAY THE SONG YET, YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'LL HAVE TO]

February 2nd

PRISSY ANDREWS receives magnificent news that cold Wednesday morning of February. She's got the job as Queen's café's new waitress. As for Fred Wright, he got a job as well — just not as a waiter, as he was expecting.

Fout minutes past three in the afternoon, Fred, hands shoved in his pockets and guitar glued to his back, is waiting for a certain raven-haired princess to come out of school. Diana agreed on giving him a second chance, and he was beyond grateful!

"I got a job at Queen's café" he tells Diana that afternoon, just a few hours after he picked her up from school. They're sitting on a grass field now — Diana told her mom that she was studying with Ruby that afternoon so that she could spend the day with Fred. She's prepared a picnic for their date and Fred is enjoying a cheese sandwich when he breaks the news to her.

"That's great, Fred!" she wraps her arms around him, making him fall on his back. She's on top of him, still hugging him and covering his with little kisses — the boy doesn't seem to complain at all, instead, there's a smile that doesn't leave his face.

"Not as a waiter, though" he says, mesmerized by the fact of how the sun rays hit Diana's eyes, making them a bit lighter.

"Are you the cook?" she asks, obviously teasing him. Although she doesn't know what could be the job he's been offered.

"No" he smiles, pecking her lips. "My band's been hired to play there as a try out. If they like us, we could keep going every Saturday"

Diana did know he had a band, but she didn't know it was that serious. Apparently, as Fred tells her, when the manager saw him walk in with a guitar over his shoulder, he knew he had found Queen's café's new entertainment show: live music!

"That's incredible! I've never heard you play, though" she pouts, moving away from him and handing him his guitar case. "You have to play something, c'mon!"

"Not now" he says as he drums his fingers against the black guitar case. "This Saturday, 8:00 p.m."

"I'm sure you'll do great" she says, lying on her side next to him. She rests her head on her right arm and plays with Fred's curls with the other one. The boy closes his eyes at the contact of her soft hands in his hair.