Chapter Eight

The next day Grant and I wake up and look at each other. We smile when we see each other.

"Good morning, baby" Grant says.

"Good morning, Grant" I say with a smile.

"Did you sleep well?" Grant asks.

"Yes. I did. Thanks to you" I say with a smile.

Grant gets his phone and checks the time.

"Holy shit. It's 2:30pm" Grant says.

"Seriously? Wow. We slept late" I say.

"We must have really worked out last night" Grant says.

"In more ways than one" I say with a smirk.

"Ok. Ok. Let's shower. We smell like sweat from yesterday" Grant says.

We walk to my shower and turn it on. We get in and make out for a while. We wash up and wash all over our bodies. We use all the soap and body wash that we can. After we're clean, we get out and dry off. Grant goes back to his room to change. I put on black briefs, black sweatpants and a silver and red stripped shirt. Grant comes back wearing a black t-shirt and jeans. He makes us lunch for today. Mac and cheese. Our favorite. 

We sit at my kitchen table and eat. 

"Are you going to that employee celebration thing tonight at work, Grant?" I ask.

"No. My brother is in town tonight and I want to spend some time with him" Grant says.

"How long is he in town for?" I ask.

"Just tonight" Grant says. 

"Can I come?" I ask.

"Sorry, man. I'd love for you to but I want some time with him tonight. I never see him anymore and I want some bro time with him. We'll hang out this week. You and me" he says with a smile.

"Alright. I get it" I say back.

Grant and I hang for the rest of the day. Eventually he goes to meet his brother. I'm a little hungry. I walk to my fridge to see if there's anything I want to eat. I don't see anything that looks good to me. I decide to make a late night trip to where I work to get a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They make them so well there. I grab my keys and go down to my car. I drive to where I work. I walk in and see the whole front end party. No interest at all. I go back to the sandwich coolers and see all the peanut butter and jellys. I buy them all. I also buy $10 worth of snickers. When I buy them, I'm almost about to leave when I hear a voice say my name.

"Hey Ryan" I hear.

I see all the other cart runner guys who want to talk. Me being the nice guy that I am, I stay and talk to them. I really just want to go home. After a 30 minute conversation, I decide to walk around the store and look at all the decorations. The front end did a really good job with that. I then walk around the store for a few minutes.  

Evan's POV
It's the night of the employee celebration at work. I'm waiting at home for Laura. She had to work today. Usually she doesn't work on the weekends but every now and then she does. We hung out all day on Saturday. I'm waiting for her when my phone rings.

"Hello" I say as I answer it.

"Shit Evan I know that tonight is your big party but I'm stuck at work. We had a busier day than we thought we would. I was only going to be here until 2pm but it really picked up today. I don't think I'm going to be able to come with you tonight. I'm so sorry." Laura says.

"Don't worry about it, Laura. I didn't even want to go to this thing tonight anyway. I'll wait for you to get home and we'll do something tonight" I say in a calm voice.