Chapter Thirty

Evan's POV
Ryan and I wake up at 4am the next morning. Ryan has to work at 6am. We shower and get dressed. I put on my work shirt with black dress pants. Ryan puts on black athletic pants and a red athletic shirt. God he looks so hot in athletic clothes. He takes me to his favorite breakfast place. We get peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and orange-mango smoothies. We then go off to work. It's actually been two weeks since I was last at work. What with all that happened I just haven't had time to even think about work. Ryan has been working nonstop. He had shorter hours then he usually does so he could come home to me. Now I'm back and ready to work even harder than I have before. We walk into the store holding hands. We go up to the break area and eat breakfast. After a while, Ryan starts work for the day. We go down to the time clock and are greeted by Alyssa.

"Hi Evan. So good to see you back here" Alyssa says in a friendly voice.

"Hi Alyssa. Sorry I've been gone for so long"

"Not to worry, Evan. Sometimes life gets in the way and you have to deal with it first. I get it completely. You have nothing to apologize for. I wanna talk to you about something before you start today though" she says with a smile.

"Oh god what's wrong" I ask in a concerned voice.

"Nothing's wrong. It's good news" Alyssa says with a smile. Ryan and I look at each other. Ryan has a smile on his face. I think that means he knows what it is.

"Do you know what it is, Ryan?"

"I do. Alyssa told me last week. You're going to love it. I should probably get out to the carts now. Looks like we've got a busy day today. I'll see you later, babe" Ryan kisses me on the cheek before he goes to clock in.

Alyssa and I clock in before going to her office to talk. We get to her office. Alyssa sits at her desk while I sit in a chair in front of her desk.

"So what's going on?" I ask Alyssa

"Well, first we're going to do your two year anniversary review. You have been doing such an amazing job on the front end. You're trained on how to work the service desk, you're a trained cashier and you're trained on how to do self checks. You've improved leaps and bounds since you started and everyday you impress me more and more. I find that you're really never done improving. That's a general comment, not just to you. How do you feel working here?" she asks.

"I love working here. I'm trained on how to do everything. All thanks to you. I've even have the guy of my dreams thanks to this place. I'm very happy here" I say back.

"That's great. What are your future goals for working here?" Alyssa asks.

"One day, I would love to be the front end manager. That's you job but one day I would love to have that job" I say.

"I can for sure see you in the position. Now, with all that said, would you like to be my assistant manager?" she asks. I sit there for a minute trying to comprehend what I just heard. I almost don't think I heard her right.

"Wait what was the last part you just asked me?" I ask her.

"Would you like to be my assistant manager?" She says again with a smile.

"Are you joking or being serious" I ask her

"I'm being dead serious. With all you're trained on doing, you deserve it. No one else deserves it more than you do" she says.

I sit there for a while trying to take it all in. About three minutes go by when I finally I answer her.

"Alyssa, I would love to be assistant manager" I say with a smile on my face.