Chapter Thirty-one

Grant's POV 
I've been hanging with Laura all day and I've been loving it. We really have a lot in common. We've really become good friends. I really do like her. She and I are almost the same person. I almost wish that I wasn't going on this date with a girl that I don't even know. Eventually 6pm comes around and it's time for me to go.

"Laura I hate to do this now but I have to go for that date now" I tell her.

"Have so much fun, Grant" she says.

I go to my car and drive back home to change out of my sweatshirt and sweatpants. When I get to my bedroom I put on a white dress shirt, dark jeans, a black vest and a red tie with grey converses. I go to my bathroom and do my hair also. I may mostly hang around with gay guys but I like to be classy when it comes to the girls I go out with. Which between you and me, hasn't been much. I get back to my car and start driving to the restaurant that I'm meeting this girl at. When I get there I see a girl waiting outside. I park my car and go over to her.

"Hi. Grace?" I say when I go up to her.

"Yeah. I'm Grace" she says.

"Hi. I'm Grant. It's nice to meet you" I say back.

"You're Grant. Hi. It's nice to meet you also" she says back.

"Sorry if I made you wait for a while" I say.

"Not a problem at all. I've only been here for five minutes" she says with a smile. We go in and get to our table. We order our drinks and talk for a while.

"How old are you, Grant?" she asks.

"I'm 21" I say

"I'm 21 also. We're the same age" she says with a smile.

"That's awesome" I say back.

"Are you in college?" she asks.

"Yes. I am. I'm senior and I'm majoring in criminal law. I really hope to be an attorney one day. My dad and grandpa are attorneys and I want to follow in their footsteps" I tell her.

"That's awesome. My grandpa is one too. You'll be great at it" she says. We continue to talk for a while. It turns out we have a lot in common. I kind of like this girl. I could definitely see myself with her. She's fun to talk to, she's really nice, she has a fun personality, she likes to laugh. All like me. We talk for a while longer when she asks me something and the conversation takes a turn.

"I'm really enjoying talking to you, Grant. You're an awesome guy" she says.

"Thanks Grace. You're pretty awesome too" I say.

"Since we've been getting to know each other all night, I wanna ask. Not that this is any of my business but if we're going to go out, I really want to know, how do you feel about gay people?" she asks.

"Gay people? I love them. My best friend in the entire world is gay. I'm the biggest LGBT supporter you'll ever meet" I say.

"Really? God I can't stand gay people. They are ruining this world and what God intended it to be. Men and woman marrying each other. It makes me sick to my stomach knowing that is happening" she says.

"Wow. You're a keeper" I say in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm sorry, Grant but I...you know what. I'm not sorry. I won't apologize for my beliefs. Men should not be allowed to marry other men and women should not be allowed to marry other women. That's not the way God intended it to be" she says.

"That's your opinion" I say back.

"It's not an opinion. It's a fact. The bible says that..." she begins saying but I interrupt her.