Chapter Twenty-six

Evan's POV
The next morning the doctor examines me one more time. He then says I'm cleared to go home. I'm still a little sore from the bullet wound and how they took it out. Ryan helps me get dressed. He helps me walk to his car. He helps me in and he puts all the stuff he had with him in the backseat. We drive back to his apartment. When we get there, I take a shower and clean myself like I've never cleaned before. Ryan helps me dry off. We walk back to his room. Ryan gives me my pajama bottoms and helps me into bed. He sits on the bed next to me. His arm around me.

"How are you feeling, baby?" he asks.

"I'm alright. Thank you for everything, Ryan. I know I can never repay you but all I can say is thank you" I say with a smile.

"Not a problem, Evan. It's my job to be there for you. Is there anything I can get for you now?" he asks.

"I'm starving. Can you make us some mac and cheese?" I ask.

"Sure will, baby" he says with a kiss. 

Ryan goes to the kitchen and stats making food. When it's ready he brings it all in on a bed tray. He puts the tray in front of me. He brings all the mac and cheese in a plastic container and tells me to eat it all. He also brings me one of his orange Gatorades. Wow. Ryan must really love me. He never shares his Gatorade with anyone. Anyone. 

"Thank you so much, Ryan. I love you" I say with a smile.

"Happy to. Eat, baby. You haven't eaten in weeks" he says

Ryan smiles and I start to eat. I actually eat it all. Ryan and I watch reruns of The Big Bang Theory while I eat. When I finish, Ryan wraps his arms around me. I put my head on his shoulder. We lay in bed for the rest of the day. Ryan's embrace feels so good. I've missed it. We of course kiss every now and then. It's our way of letting each other know that we're with each other. Three hours go by when the doorbell rings and Ryan goes to answer it. I hear familiar voice.

"Hi Evan" Alyssa says as she walks into Ryan's bedroom.

"Hi Alyssa" I say with a smile.

"How are you feeling?" she asks.

"I'm alright. A little sore. But I'm alright" I say.

"Good. It's so good to see you're still alive. Thank God" she says with a smile.

"Thanks Alyssa. I'm glad to still be alive too" I say.

"I made you some chicken soup and some brownies. I thought you'd like some homemade food" she says with a smile.

"Thank you so much, Alyssa. You're the best" I say with a smile

The three of us talk for a while. It's so good to hear their voices again. It's been way too long. I'm so thankful to still be alive, to have such good friends and the best boyfriend ever. 

"Take your time with coming back to work, Evan. I'll see you when you're ready" Alyssa says. She hugs me with a smile.

"Thanks Alyssa" I say with a smile.

Ryan puts his pajama bottoms on and gets into bed with me. He lays down next to me and kisses me. We just lay in his bed. Not saying anything. Just being with each other. We have so much love that we can just lay down and know that all the love in the world is between us.

"I love you, Evan" he says.

"I love you more, Ryan" I say.

"Not possible" he says.

...........................................................

The next day we go back to mine and Laura's apartment. We get to Laura's room. I stand there for a minute. I really have no idea how she's going to react when she sees me. I haven't spoken to her for a week. Granted I've been in a coma. This is actually the longest time we've gone without talking to each other. We've been texting back and forth but what I really wanted was just to be with Ryan. I knock on the door and Laura answers. Grant next to her.