Chapter Thirty-four

One Year Later
The day was bright. The air was sweet. The smell of Honeysuckle charmed you off your feet.

It's the day of our wedding. Ryan and I decided to wait a year and be fiancés for a while. Both of us are now 20. Laura and Grant are both 22. We're at the altar with all of our friends. Laura is my Groomsmaid of Honor and Grant is Ryan's Best Man. Ryan looks incredible in his tuxedo. Our wedding was at a beautiful hotel in a gorgeous ballroom.

I asked Alyssa if she would marry Ryan and I. She gladly said yes and said she would be honored. I'm so glad she said yes because we can't imagine anyone else marrying us. Grant walks Ryan down the aisle and Laura walks me down the aisle. We meet at the altar. Ryan looks so amazing. I can't believe that the moment that I've dreamt of is finally happening. We can't take our eyes off of each other.

"Friends, family. We are gathered here today to join in the marriage of Evan Jacob Campbell and Ryan Anthony Brooks" she beings saying. She says some other things. Then it's finally time for Ryan and I to be married.

"Do you Evan take Ryan to be your husband?" Alyssa asks.

"I do" I reply.

"Do you Ryan take Evan to be your husband?" Alyssa asks.

"I do" Ryan replies.

"Then by the powers vested in me I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss" Alyssa proudly announces.

Ryan and I kiss. I burst into tears. I can't even explain what it feels like to finally have him as my husband. It's all I've ever wanted. Just two years ago we were semi-friends with huge crushes on each other and now we're husbands. Ryan and I walk down the aisle together. Laura and Grant follow. Laura and I hug when we get to our private room. Grant and Ryan share a hug too. So much has happened in such short time. It almost doesn't feel real. The love I have for Ryan is incredible. So is the love he has for me. I never thought this day would come for me but somehow it has.

"Congratulations you two. I'm so happy for the both of you" Laura says in pure joy and a smile.

"Congrats guys. I'm thrilled for the both of you. You two deserve each other" Grant says with a smile.

"Thank you both. It means the world that you were here for us all these years and I'm so thankful for the both of you" I say back to them.

"We've been happy to. We're so glad that we could be apart of your big day" Grant says. He looks at Laura. All the love in the world in his eyes.

"Evan, Ryan. I know this is your wedding but I need to do something real fast. Is that ok with you?" He asks.

"The floor is yours, Grant" Ryan tells him.

He turns to Laura. "Laura, we've been together for a year now but I love you with all my heart. I don't have a big speech planned because I don't want to take the attention away from Evan and Ryan so I'm just going to get right to it". He gets on one knee and pulls out a ring.

"Laura Valerie Tremaine. Will you marry me?" he asks.

Laura looks at him in disbelief. "For real, Grant?" she asks with a smile.

"For real" Grant says back to her.

"Sure Grant. I'll marry you". Grant puts the ring on her finger and they kiss. The four of us share one big hug. A marriage and engagement on the same day? That must be some kind of record.

"Did you two know about this" she asks Ryan and I.

"Yeah he told us when you two got here this morning" I tell her. She smiles and hugs the both of us.

"You sneaky guy" she says smiling at Grant.

"Yeah, that's me. Well we have reception to get to. Let's go" Grant says.

The reception couldn't have gone better. There was food, music, friends. Ryan and I first danced to Shallow from A Star Is Born. Laura and Grant sang. They surprised us for our first dance. To mine and Ryan's surprise, Laura and Grant are incredible singers.

The next dance was a little difficult. Ryan and I danced to Right Here Waiting For You by Richard Marx. Right when those words are sung I cry my eyes out as Ryan and I dance. My mom used to sing this song to me every night while putting me to sleep as a child. Ryan wraps his arms around me while I cry on his shoulder. My parents would have loved seeing me marry the love of my life. My dad always said that he married the love of his life and someday I would too. He was right.

After the song Ryan and I go back to our private room so I can collect myself and go back to my happy self for the night. That whole time, Ryan never unwraps his arms from me. We go back out and sit next Laura and Grant. We talk for some time and then enjoy the rest of the night. We talk, eat, laugh and have a fun night together. They both agreed that the dance was beautiful and they both loved it. Ryan and I loved it so much. It was probably the dance of the night for me.

As the night went on we danced to so many love songs. Laura and Grant danced too. It was the highlight of my life. During all the dances Ryan and I stare loving into each other's eyes. It's almost as if we were saying we love each other with our eyes.

"I love you, Evan" he says.

"I love you too, Ryan" I say back. We dance and enjoy the rest of the reception. As we're dancing, we begin to imagine our lives as husbands. The food and cake was so good. The music was awesome. I don't think I've ever had a night as incredible as this. As the night goes on, Ryan can see that I'm tired. It's 12:45am.

"You tired, baby?" he asks. I nod

"Come on, let's go up to our room" he says.

We go over to Laura, Grant and Alyssa to thank them for everything they did tonight.

"We're going back up to our room now. Evan is tired. Thank you for everything" Ryan says to them.

"It was our pleasure" Laura says. 

"Goodnight, guys. We'll see you both tomorrow" Grant says.

We all share a hug and then Ryan and I go up to our room. We have they honeymoon suite. We get in and take our tuxedos off. We get in the bed, naked of course, and hug each other. We kiss too. I look Ryan right in they eyes.

"I love you, Ryan. Thank you for being gay" I say.

"I love you more, baby. Thank you for being gay" he says back.

We both go to sleep in each other's arms. Knowing full well that we'll always see each other the next day. Always. For the rest of our lives. It's the best feeling in the world. 

Best night of my life.