Chapter Eighteen

The next morning, I wake up at around 8:30am. The sun is shining into my room. It's the weekend so I don't work. Usually I would sleep later but since I'm not in my own bed I woke up a little earlier. I get out of bed and go to Grant's kitchen. I find Frosted Flakes in his pantry. I get a bowl out and get milk out of his fridge. I make cereal and add strawberries to the cereal. sit at his table. I eat for about ten minutes.

"Morning dude" I hear Grant say as he comes out of his room. Still in his underwear. Hot.

"Hi Grant. Did I wake you?" I ask.

"Not at all. Normally I'd still be asleep but I woke up a little early to see if you were up yet. I see you've already made yourself breakfast" he says with a smile.

"Yeah. Sorry I went through you kitchen" I say.

"Don't be sorry, Evan. It's alright. My place is your place. Can I join you?" he asks.

"Yes. Please do" I say back. Grant makes cereal for himself and joins me. We're still in our underwear by the way. Why am I enjoying that so much. Grant is straight and I shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do.

"Did you have any plans for the weekend, man?" Grant asks.

"Normally I'd hang with Ryan or Laura but they're both out of town. So I guess not" I says

"You can hang with me this weekend. We'll do something fun" he says.

"Sounds like fun. What should we do?" I ask.

"We'll think of something" Grant says.

We sit in his couch in our underwear for the rest of the morning watching more Family guy on his tv. We laugh more too. I've really enjoyed spending time with Grant. He and I really have a lot in common. He and I get a long really well. If Ryan and I never started going out I wouldn't know Grant and what an amazing guy he is. I'm so glad that he's such a huge LGBT supporter. He's a friend for life.

My phone rings. It's Laura.

"Hi. Laura" I say when I answer.

"Hi Evan. I'm so sorry but I'll be out of town for the whole weekend. My family decided to do a last minute family get together. A lot of them are here and I want to get some family time since I don't see them a lot" she says

"Alright. Have fun. I'll see you when you come back. I'm hanging with Grant today" I say.

"Thanks so much for understanding, Evan. Have fun with Grant" she says.

"I will. Love you, Laura" I say.

"Love you too" she says.

"Was that Laura?" Grant asks.

"Yeah. She'll be out of town all weekend. Just like Ryan.

"You know what, man. Let's do something crazy this weekend" Grant says.

"Like what?" I ask.

"We'll find something. It'll be you and me, dude" he says.

Grant and I sit on his couch for a little longer. He puts my clothes from yesterday in the wash. He lets me barrow a pair of his pants so I'm not naked in front of him while my clothes wash and dry. All though I'd kind of like for Grant to see my penis. I see his. He puts me in his mouth and then he fu...woah woah woah. Enough. I'm with Ryan. Grant is straight.

I go to shower and come out to the spare room I slept in. My clean clothes are sitting on my bed. Grant even folded them. Nice guy. I get dressed and walk back out into the living room. I see Grant sitting on the couch. Talking on his phone. He's wearing jeans, a white t-shirt and a black Colombia jacket. 

"Awesome. Thanks, man. Love and miss you" he says.

Grant hangs up and looks at me.

"Hey man. You ready to go?" he asks.

"Sure. Who were you talking to? Ryan?" I ask.

"No. My brother. He gave me an idea of what we could do today" he says.

 "Awesome. Where are we going?" I ask.

"You'll see" he says.

Grant and I walk down to his car. We drive to where we work to get some food. We get a lot of fruit snack, donuts, granola bars, water and other things. When we buy it all, we go back to Grant's car and we start driving. We talk for the whole time. Grant keeps driving. We eventually drive out of state. Where could we be going. He never told me where we were going. I don't think I've ever been out here before. I guess Grant knows more about going places then I do.

"Grant. Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a place that my brother told me about this morning. It's out of state but I think you'll really like it" he says.

"I trust you" I say.

We continue to drive for a while. It's about 1pm when we finally get to where we're going to hang today. When we park we get out and look around. It's a huge mall outside. There are clothing stores all around. Some of them look like places I would buy clothes from. Briarwood Plaza. This place is called.

"Wow Grant. How do you know this place?" I ask.

"I was looking for stuff for us to do today and I remembered my brother telling me about this place I called him and he told me about it. I looked to see where it was and it was only an hour and a half away from us. I thought we'd check it out for the day" he says.

"Let's go" I say.

Grant and I shop around all day we go to all the stores and buy stuff. I buy a lot of stuff for Ryan. I bought him a lot of stuff with dogs on it. He loves dogs. I even buy a new outfit for tomorrow. Grant buys some stuff for him. He bought a lot of new athletic clothes from a clothes shop for work when he is cart running. Probably got that from Ryan. That's what he does when he's working. After we're done buying new clothes we go to dinner. We both have chicken and cheese quesadillas with lemonade.

After dinner, Grant and I get back in his car and we drive around for a while. Just looking at the city. With all the lights on and the sun setting. I've really enjoyed spending today with Grant. Thank god that I have a friend like him. If I didn't I'd be on my own today. I love that Grant makes the time for me. It's a real awesome of him.

As were driving Laura calls me.

"Hey Laura" I say.

"Hi Evan. How are you doing?" she asks.

"I'm alright. I've been spending all day with Grant" I say

"Is Ryan there too?" Laura asks.

"Ryan is out of town. His cousin is getting married today" I say.

"When will he be back?" Laura asks.

"On Monday" I say back.

"Are you and Grant spending the time together?" Laura asks.

"Yeah. Grant and I hung out last night and today. I'm with him right now" I tell her.

"Awesome. Did you sleep in Ryan's empty apartment last night?" She asks.

"No. I was going to come back then you let me know you were out of town and Grant let me to sleep at his apartment" I say

"That's nice. Grant I love how you're so inclusive to Evan. I really love that" Laura says.

"Happy to do so. Evan is an awesome guy. He and Ryan are my two close friends and I like to make sure that Evan has a person to go to when he needs anything. I know that's your job but when you're not around then I can take that on" Grant says with a smile

"Evan I just wanted to let you know that I'll be home on Monday. Have fun with Grant" she says.

"Thanks Laura. I'll see you then" I say

We drive back to Grant's apartment. We hang for the rest of the night. Grant got us more ice cream. We watch more Family Guy and laugh a lot. Around midnight we're both asleep. It was awesome to spend today with Grant and how he made time for me. It was all so much fun. I should do this more often from now on.