Chapter 1

Raven's Pov

I sat up quickly in my bed and opened my eyes. I took a deep breath. It was the same dream over and over again. When will it end? Also, I really wanted to know who I chose. My family, or... him.

I sighed, then looked at the clock, it was 7:15 a.m. and I have school today. I groaned, quickly getting out of bed, and running to my closet. I took out a black, long sleeve T-shirt, a pair of black skinny jeans, black underwear set, and black, ballerina flats.

I quickly jumped into the shower, then got dressed. I looked at the time. 7:30, shit. Classes started at 8:15, and the teachers were merciless about why you were late. I couldn't be late for school.

I quickly tamed my thick, curly back hair into a ponytail, then did my makeup, while just consisted of mascara and eyeliner. I was ready. I grabbed my backpack, tablet, and smartphone, then ran downstairs.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I'm an orphan. I don't like to talk about it. To sum it up, my mom died, and I've never met my dad. It doesn't  matter. That happened when I was 12. I'm now 17, and still living on my own. I learned how to take care of myself, and my mom was really rich, so I always have money. I'm used to this.

I ran into the kitchen, and grabbed an apple, and a granola bar. I scarfed down the granola bar in record time, grabbed my keys and wallet, then ran out the door, locking it behind me. I ran down the sidewalk, and took a shortcut through the woods.

My feet crunched the leaves and twigs that were underneath them. I looked around, realizing that I just ran off in a random direction, and got lost. "Great idea Raven," I muttered to myself.

I started walking randomly in a direction, when I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head. I stumbled around for a second, before falling to my knees, and blacking out as my head hit the ground.