Chapter 17

Raven's Pov

When we arrived, Laughing Jack had his head in his hands. I was still my formal self, but I couldn't help but walk over to LJ and take his hand. He looked up at me, surprised at the act of kindness.

"I don't understand why you cheated on me. I don't understand why you don't love me anymore. But most of all, I don't understand why I still love you. I love you with all my heart, but that doesn't seem to matter to you." I told him, a single tear running down my face. He pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Raven. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do anything! She just sucked me in! I didn't mean any of it! Please forgive me. Please." He said, burying his head in my shoulder and crying. I felt him angle his nose so he could rest his head on my shoulder. I held him as sobs rattled his body.

I heard Daddy clear his throat behind me. "Laughing Jack. You know what I told you. You have to face your fears for a week." He said. LJ nodded. He turned to me. "My greatest fear, other than losing you, is to be abandoned. Issac abandoned me in my box. I don't want to be abandoned again. To be betrayed by someone I love and care for. Issac..." He trailed off.

I felt my heart twist in pain. I don't want him to face his fears. I love him so much. I can't stand him to be hurt. I looked at Daddy. "Isn't there a way for me to take his punishment?" I asked him. He looked shocked. "Raven–" He began. "Daddy. I have to do it. I can't let him be hurt." I said stubbornly. He sighed. "You can take his place, but I don't suggest doing that." I grit my teeth and nodded.

"Okay. I will." Laughing Jack gripped my arm. "Raven, no. I'll be fine. Don't do this to yourself. I must be punished for what I did." I shook his arm off. "Daddy. I'm ready." Daddy nodded, then pointed at me. "I banish you to your worst fears for 1 week." I was then plunged into darkness, my last sight being LJ's sorrowful eyes.