A funeral

The funeral was today. I was in the traditional Red Army uniform. The Army uniform was simple, Red and black around my cap was a golden outline. Today I wore white gloves. I hadn't gotten any sleep.
That was ok though. Hyde's coffin arrived at sunrise. I put it on a wagon that was attached to a horse. The funeral would start in two hours. I pet the horse, "Such a good worker." I said petting it's muzzle.
I left it there, then I prepared the rest. The Army helped me with the huge Red Army flag that would be spread over his coffin.
I didn't want to be here, but I had to be.
I put my gloved hand on his coffin and spread it over it gently. In the next two hours Jekyll would arrive with Dylan. Jekyll was in his blackest clothes I'd ever seen him in, that was topped with Hyde's cloak surrounding him. I shivered as I looked at it.
It looked like he wanted to run, he looked uncomfortable and he seemed as if he was tired. He probably was all of that.
Then it was time. I climbed onto the wagon and the horse started walking. I wipped the ropes for him to pick up his speed by just a little. The Red Army surrounded the streets by his burial site, guiding me.
The flag that was on top of his coffin stayed pinned down. I found myself in front of his burial site, but I kept going until I found myself to where the Army practices their marching. I stopped and parked the wagon underneath a tree.
Then I unhooked the horse and galloped through the streets in which the Red Army filled. I stood up on the horse, while it was still galloping.
The whole Army gasped in fear. Hyde's spirit filled me.
I sat back down on the horse, to the relief of the Army. Then I went back to where I'd parked the wagon, pulled it out of the parking lot, and put it in the middle of the concrete slab we use for marching.
The soldiers crowded around the coffin and me.
"What on earth are you doing!?" Dusk exclaimed
I put my finger up, an indication to wait. Then I went to the store and came back with boxes of candles.
Although confused, Dusk along with three other soldiers helped me unload my truck.
"Make a circle around the coffin, five feet away." I commanded
The Army stepped backwards and waited
I lit one individual candle for everyone including myself and Jekyll ( of course not Dylan he's too young....)
I handed the first candle to Jekyll, he stared down at the flame, watching it flick and dance.
I looked at Dylan. I had an idea. I scooped up from his father's arms.
I turned to the Radio we used for music while we marching. I pulled my phone into it and decided to put on Leave The City by Twenty Øne Piløts. I carried the small baby up on the huge podium that overlooked the Army.
I sang along with the Army.
"In time, I will leave the city. For now I'll stay alive..." I sang
" In time, I will leave the city. For now I will stay alive." Dusk joined in
"In time I will leave the city. For now I will stay alive." The whole Army sang
It was beautiful.
I walked down the podium with Dylan.
I put Dylan back in Dr. Jekyll's arms then I went over to the speaker again. This time putting on a recording.
"Jekyll, quit recording me...." Hyde's laugh filled the speaker.
It was my perfect time to escape so I walked quietly to the HQ and into my office then I sat down and cried. A knock soon followed
I wiped my eyes " Yes?"
"Red?"
They're voice was cracking and barely audible.
"Who is it?" I finally asked
"Dr. Henry J. Jekyll." He replied "Now please open the door. We need to talk."
I unlocked the door and opened it. He smiled with tear-stained eyes.
I stepped back, hiding my face. He put his hand underneath my chin, " Sweetheart, it's okay. You don't have to hide any longer. I hid for years and now I've lost my bright shadow."
I turned away, "No, I should be strong. No crying. No hurt."
"Red... let me tell you something."
He then took me down several streets until we reached an alleyway.
I instantly recognized it, "This is where we met."
I whispered
He nodded and smiled "A place I'll never forget."
Dr. Jekyll picked me from the streets. That's right. I was no Jasper from TGS or A scientist from the society. Let me explain, my parents sent me to England in hope of better education that in America. I went broke and couldn't get home. I couch surfed, slept in weird places, etc. That was when I was taken from the streets
"Hello there Ma'am, get you out of the rain?"
I smiled, no one had ever shown me this much kindness. He took me inside of his mansion, it was agreed that I, like all women in his home was a maid. That was until he saw how I describe things.
"You have quite a talent for writing, how would you like to help me record my experiments?"
I smiled and nodded. I remember that I was there when Jekyll first transformed into Hyde.
I remember the day clear, and it was a few weeks after I'd been picked up.
"Red!" Jekylls voice boomed excitedly
I went into the lab "Yes, Dr. Jekyll?" I asked shyly
He sat me at a table then he went over to another table excitedly before grabbing a journal and bringing it over, sticky notes and lose notes everywhere.
As said I was far from Jasper. I had no clue what to do.
"Here, " he said, smiling grabbing a paper filled with scientific terms and definitions. "This should help."
I smiled and nodded nervously turning to the next available page in the notebook. He then saw my distress. He squatted down beside me and smiled
"You'll do fine, look I still have to use the reference sheet sometimes too." He then pulled a piece of paper from his coat pocket, unfolding it to reveal a scribbled on reference sheet.
I smiled "Thank you, but that's not it. What if I mess up?"
"You won't. All you have to do is to put if the experiment worked."
I smiled
He then drank the liquid and bend over in pain. When he rose again saw a completely different person in his shoes. This man smiled. He looked normal, but something assured me that he was deformed in some way.
"Hello, Dear." He smiled as he kissed my hand
"Hello." I replied nervously
"What's your name?" he asked
"I can ask the same for you." I smirked
He smiled and bowed slightly "Mr. Edward Hyde at your service. Now who are you Miss...."
"Red." I smiled
"What a peculiar name," he remarked
I quickly got defensive "What's that supposed to mean?"
He held his hands up in surrender "Nothing against you, Dear Red."
I smirked
He smiled and kissed my hand "Now I must be going."
He turned around gracefully. No shouts or screams of pain and when he turned around again I realized I was looking in the eyes of Dr. Jekyll himself.
I pointed to the journal, shakily.
He quickly read my observations and gasped.
I was snapped out of my memories by the much older doctor now, it had been years since the first transformation yet it didn't seem that long ago.
"Red?" Dr. Jekyll asked
I looked up at him
"I guess we should get back to the funeral."
I nodded and followed him back. The Red Army was sharing memories with each other
"I remember when I first met him!" one of the soldiers shouted out
"Me too!" Most of the rest chimed in
Then they laid eyes on Jekyll and me.
"Red, " Dr. Jekyll said "That thing I wanted to say... It's ok to cry, he cried."
I nodded with no emotion.
We sang a couple of songs together, then the moment came. Seven soldiers including myself folded up the flag that laid on Hyde's coffin and gave it to Jekyll, but right before we lowered his coffin
"STOP!" We heard someone shout
I couldn't see them but I could definitely recognize their voice.