Chapter 15- Bella

Chapter 15

Bella

It was a few weeks after Carlisle and Esme had fallen out, things were going along somewhat normally for the most part, as normally as you could when you had a house full of supernatural beings. 

Edward had recovered fully from his accident so we were all back at school. Renesmee was acting a little out of character but Alice assured me it was probably just hormones as she was a teenager. I agreed and continued to worry about Edward.

We were all ‘eating’ dinner in the cafeteria on a Wednesday when Jake came over with a try of food, “Have you guys seen Ness?”

“No,” I looked up, “We thought she was with you?”

“Not seen her since Trig.” Jake shook his head, “She skipped Biology but I told her to, some girls were pushing her about in the corridor so I told her to go and take a break.”

“She was being bullied?” I sat up and my eyes widened, Why didn’t she come to me? 

I got up and turned to leave, “I’ve got to find her.”

I was almost out of the cafeteria when my mobile rang, Carlisle.

“Hey,” I answered, “Have you seen Ness?”

“Where are you?” Carlisle replied he sounded in a rush, “You need to get here now.”

“Carlisle?” I frowned and stopped in my tracks.

“There’s been an accident, Renesmee is in surgery now.” He explained.

“I’m on my way.” I breathed and fought the urge to run all the way there and walked calmly to my car.

*

“I’m Renesmee Cullen’s sister, where is she?” I asked the receptionist ten minutes later.

“She-” The receptionist was cut off by a nurse calling me, “Bella Cullen, Dr Cullens daughter?”

“Yes,” I turned to her, “Where are they?”

“Renesmee is in surgery, Dr Cullen is overseeing.” She explained.

“What happened?” I asked as we began to walk, her human pace was too slow for me.

“There’s been reports that she was hit by a car.” The nurse told me, as we stopped at a room of comfy chairs, “I’m afraid you’ll have to wait here, Carlisle will come and see you in a while.” She gave me a sympathetic smile, “Try not to worry, we have our best on the case.”

“Thank you,” I sunk down on one sofa and rested my head n my hands, “What was your name?”

“I work closely with your dad, Jan.” She smiled to me.

“Thank you, Jan.” I forced a smile as she left. I stared absentmindedly at the pile of magazines on the coffee table in front of me, It doesn’t make sense, she’d have heard the car coming. I thought to myself. 

“Bella,” My head snapped up as the door opened and Carlisle came in.

“Is she …?” I swallowed hard.

“I can’t lie to you Bella, she’s badly hurt.” He came and sat next to me, “She’s still in surgery.”

“What happened?” I whispered, “Jan said she was hit by a car … but she’d have heard it coming!”